Page 50 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760100150 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Coady only has 4 years left on his contract and he already said no last month so it's pretty much nailed on.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Coady only has 4 years left on his contract and he already said no last month so it's pretty much nailed on.
    He did say that when Carragher tried to stitch him up on live tv which was out of order really.

If we were serious he would return in a flash.

As Wolves would want £50m its a non starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'm sure wolves will get rid of there Captain for origi and a little cash

Origi + 1 million and 1 pound should do it

Out of our league sorry

how much do you think Origi is actually worth on his performances??? not to mention Coady is english

looking at at least 40m
    Origi may not be the only one they are looking at. But they need someone, they lost Jiminez for months because of injury, and they sold Diogo to us. If Origi goes there, he may do well, he will get more starts than he gets here.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Yes if he goes there, it won't be coady coming this way though...

I doubt they'll even go for him

they can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He did say that when Carragher tried to stitch him up on live tv which was out of order really.

If we were serious he would return in a flash.

As Wolves would want £50m its a non starter.
    A potential swap with Origi would more or less halve that amount, because i'm sure we would get at least £25m for him the way prices are these days. Sheff Utd paid £23m for Brewster and he was nothing more than a proven championship player.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

One things for sure. we need a defender in January.. We are stocked with forward options.Jota can play on the left. and Minamino did an half decent job on the left as well in the palace game . You can always play Ox on the right in some games.
    I still think we need another central striker. but thats for another day.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    A potential swap with Origi would more or less halve that amount, because i'm sure we would get at least £25m for him the way prices are these days. Sheff Utd paid £23m for Brewster and he was nothing more than a proven championship player.
    Not really, would we sell are english captain for a swap deal with a average player?

And get half the money to spend on a new player to replace said player who's gone?

bet whoever comes in if someone does, is under 24/25 also.

It's not just some CB from wolves He's english and he's there captain

Can see origi being loaned out if noone wants to buy him, not ideal but it's a waste of time having him here, he obviously doesn't want to be he couldn't care any less when he gets onto the pitch
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th December 2020 at 01:22 PM.

Origi could be an option for them true who knows.

IF we do sign a CB it will probably be an off the radar one.

I say IF as its not certain but if we dont sign one we wont win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not really, would we sell are english captain for a swap deal with a average player?

And get half the money to spend on a new player to replace said player who's gone?

bet whoever comes in if someone does, is under 24/25 also.
    We've already got 2 average players in Gomez and Matip who are never fit, so i don't see much difference apart from Coady being more reliable and better than average imo.

We've already got 2 average players in Gomez and Matip who are never fit, so i don't see much difference apart from Coady being more reliable and better than average imo.
    I meant origi being average

Matip is class when he's fit so i don't agree there

I rate boly higher personally

Don't think coady would be worth the money it would take.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th December 2020 at 01:27 PM.