Page 52 of 170 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102152 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Burnley getting took over

Maybe they could make a swoop for Shaqiri Origi and Keita?
    I'm sure Sean Dyche will be looking over his shoulder if it goes through. Many new owners change managers, and Burnley are at the wrong end of the table for them not to be concerned.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Poch to Turf Moor

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Poch to Turf Moor
    That WOULD be a headline.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Jan CB

Summer a CM depending on wij situation, if we stick with keita, someone that can score from outside the box and a bonus would be decent at free kicks.. or score in general

someone in, with shaqiri/origi out

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    someone in, with shaqiri/origi out
    Elliott I am hoping can be that player.

Salah/Firmino/Mane/Jota/Minamino/Elliott doesn't look too shabby in terms of pecking order. I wouldn't say no to someone else of course, but I think that is a set of six that we could work with, especially as we can occasionally use Ox in the front three as a push.

Would also (in terms of priorities) free things up for a position elsewhere. Gomez for example has missed - may not be the exact figure - 33 games in the past 3 years - that's nearly a whole season. Ideally we would get a centre-back that pushes Gomez down the pecking order, or at the very least can compete with him.

In terms of the midfield, Keita may have missed 29 games in his time with us, but Ox (in his defence he had an ACL) has missed 69 games in the last 3 seasons. If there is a midfielder out there with an injury record more like that of Wijnaldum I would be absolutely all over that, though selling someone to make way won't be particularly simple. Ox and Keita for example may just have to be on the books until their contracts run down.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'm sure Sean Dyche will be looking over his shoulder if it goes through. Many new owners change managers, and Burnley are at the wrong end of the table for them not to be concerned.
    But are the at the wrong end of the table because of Dyche, or because he/they haven't had a pot to pee in?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    But are the at the wrong end of the table because of Dyche, or because he/they haven't had a pot to pee in?
    I agree Noods nobody is doing any better with Burnley than him he has done a great job for em.

I'm just pointing out where they are in the table. New owners will be pumping a lot of money into the club. They won't want to start their first full season as owners of a championship team. Leeds have only just got back in after waiting 16 years. I'd rather they avoid the drop, as they are a north west team.
    Last edited by skyebo; 30th December 2020 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Elliott I am hoping can be that player.

Salah/Firmino/Mane/Jota/Minamino/Elliott doesn't look too shabby in terms of pecking order. I wouldn't say no to someone else of course, but I think that is a set of six that we could work with, especially as we can occasionally use Ox in the front three as a push.

Would also (in terms of priorities) free things up for a position elsewhere. Gomez for example has missed - may not be the exact figure - 33 games in the past 3 years - that's nearly a whole season. Ideally we would get a centre-back that pushes Gomez down the pecking order, or at the very least can compete with him.

In terms of the midfield, Keita may have missed 29 games in his time with us, but Ox (in his defence he had an ACL) has missed 69 games in the last 3 seasons. If there is a midfielder out there with an injury record more like that of Wijnaldum I would be absolutely all over that, though selling someone to make way won't be particularly simple. Ox and Keita for example may just have to be on the books until their contracts run down.
    Keita only 29 games unavailable?
    Really ?!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Keita only 29 games unavailable?
    Really ?!
    Apparently so - definitely "feels like" more, but it's easy to forget things like how much Klopp liked the Henderson-Milner-Wijnaldum midfield, Ox's pockets of form and so on.