Page 94 of 170 FirstFirst ... 448487888990919293949596979899100101104144 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Jurgen Klopp addresses FSG criticism as Liverpool boss explains January transfer stance on centre-back links

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-news-fsg-jurgen-klopp-19581069
    To be fair mate he's not exactly going to come out and say they're shit (and rightly so)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    To be fair mate he's not exactly going to come out and say they're shit (and rightly so)
    I just don’t see him as a “yes” man. In fact he’s probably got the clout to threaten to leave if he didn’t get what he wanted. Lots of smoke and mirrors but I genuinely don’t think he’s a bullshitter. Just my opinion.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Klopp 100% was pissed off with their stance in summer 2019 but came out and defended them. He is blatantly doing it again now..

Defending the clubs owners - the people who pay your salary and honour your contract is part of the job - Klopp does his job impeccably.

Can’t use anything he say on the subject - NOW - as evidence of anything. But the more he defends them - the more obvious is it that they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I just don’t see him as a “yes” man. In fact he’s probably got the clout to threaten to leave if he didn’t get what he wanted. Lots of smoke and mirrors but I genuinely don’t think he’s a bullshitter. Just my opinion.
    It's dealing with the press, it's like a game of it's own.
    I wouldn't blame him if and when he's bullshitting.
    He can apply pressure on the owners behind the scenes, might not want to make a threat he's not gonna follow through on.
    If things go tits up later the owners will get their flak, no doubt, as usual

Right now the war is with the shitty officials and media smears against Mane & Salah.
    Developing a siege mentality, probably best not to have to fight on two fronts.

Develop a siege mentality indeed BUT at the very least replace Lovren - I mean that was a dereliction of duty to sell and not replace.... with only Matip as genuine cover...? That’s like having a spare hanky for a towel... Madness and well exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Develop a siege mentality indeed BUT at the very least replace Lovren - I mean that was a dereliction of duty to sell and not replace.... with only Matip as genuine cover...? That’s like having a spare hanky for a towel... Madness and well exposed.
    3 cbs, Fabinho, 2 kids. We can say he winged it and got caught with injuries. Lovren was injury prone too though.

Just read the article and it's just press talk imo. Let's see if the poor pauper of the pool can get a few coins together.

Wonder if captain fantastic regrets his stance regarding club finances now !!

James no deal Pearce and Jurgen the prince of paupers Klopp are best served with a pinch of salt.

I mean... who would come out and say "My boss is shite" if they didn't want to leave already? Of course he'll defend them!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Ahhhhh I see why we're not signing a CB

Liverpool are 'strong contenders' to Real Madrid in the signing of Kylian Mbappe.
    The Reds offer the 'perfect package' with the most competitive league, a club with success, a manager that can get the best out of him and the main takeaway Nike’s mutual deal.
    [Diario AS]

NAILED ON

Wonder what has happened to Diop at West Ham looked decent last season.

Unless he is injured or just crap who knows but he is fairly young tall and not slow from what I remember.