Page 96 of 170 FirstFirst ... 46868990919293949596979899100101102103106146 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Or than a franchise...
    Oh maaaan! Good one.

Have you seen "The Last Dance"? I think it was very fun (obviously pretty pro-Jordan biased) but a little of me died every time they said "franchise" instead of club / team when talking about the NBA teams. Fucking awful...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just let Ole run him into the ground.
    That's why us beating them next week could be more than 3 points for us. Them getting knocked out of the cup by City and us beating them in the league. Their fans will be asking questions about Ole again about not turning up for big games.
    Just as long as we win !!
    Exactly Ian. They are playing at full tilt and are keeping pace with us whilst we are playing at not even half. They will have another spell at some point where they drop off, probably when the Europa starts. Beat them next week and it deflates their balloon a bit.
    City should be our biggest worry. Games in hand and starting to play well.

@Skyebo

We were talking about Andy Goldstein, well this sums him up. Him and Darren Bent are currently discussing their best ever PL XI, and Goldstein had TEN Man U players in his side, and every time Bent said someone else or questioned Goldstein's selection, the latter threw/is throwing a strop, using the 'look at what they've won' line to justify his selections.

Oh and the **** just said "you should be in the team with the beach ball".

What a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    @Skyebo

We were talking about Andy Goldstein, well this sums him up. Him and Darren Bent are currently discussing their best ever PL XI, and Goldstein had TEN Man U players in his side, and every time Bent said someone else or questioned Goldstein's selection, the latter threw/is throwing a strop, using the 'look at what they've won' line to justify his selections.

Oh and the **** just said "you should be in the team with the beach ball".

What a ****.
    The man's a buffoon Noods.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Literally take any CB with some prem experience and can move faster than a slug

“Liverpool may be forced to walk away from a potential move for David Alaba after Fabrizio Romano revealed the Austria international is demanding a huge wage.

The Reds have been linked with the Bayern Munich star for a little while now, with his contract running out in just six months’ time.

Romano claims Alaba is asking for a yearly wage of €12million (just over £10.8m) – which would make him our second-highest paid player after Mohamed Salah

As the Italian journo told GMS, the versatile midfielder’s new club would also have to pay excessive commissions to sign him on a Bosman transfer.

Earlier this month, GOAL’s Romeo Agresti revealed both Liverpool and Real Madrid have tabled offers of £9.1million to Alaba – which now appears to be around £2m per annum shy.

Real Madrid are seen as Alaba’s favoured club of choice, but Jurgen Klopp and Thiago Alcantara could try to convince the Austria international to opt for Anfield instead.”

Just about ALL of the above suggests we are not going anywhere near David Alaba.

More likely to sign me tbh

I'd only cost a tenner a week

I am shocked, shocked I say!

Amazing footballer wants guaranteed trophies and a higher wage at a bigger club! Who would have thunk it!

Still, I think it was at least a good idea to sound him out - who knows, maybe he could have been one of those rare players who turn away from Spain's glamour. Though having seen some of his interviews it really looked like it was just about the money so not sure we why ever thought that might have been an option.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I think it’s always been pretty obvious he wasn’t coming here but he keeps getting mentioned on the forum as an option. So I thought it pertinent to post the article