Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keita

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not everyone can have the fitness record of a Firmino or a Wijnaldum, but it'd be a real treat to have a player that was a Shaw/Ox/Keita hybrid with that sort of fitness record - worth their weight in Gold.
    Totally. Its interesting to think of what Keita could have been to this team with a full fitness record. Could he have been our KDB? Or something similar? We'll never know unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    In a nutshell. I would sell them all when the time is right although that ideally is when they are fit and marketable and that isnt very often. But JK will prob want to use them more if they are available so maybe the 2 more expensive buys get more and more second chances. Cant put it down to the revent hectic schedule either as all 3 have got long sick records.. Praying Matip can play at least 15 or 20 games before the next inevitable knock
    Matip had a good run last season so hopefully he can go on one similar this time around.
    The point about hectic schedule is spot on. Weve bought/acquired 3 or 4 players the last few years with very questionable fitness records ( probably wouldnt include Keita as I'm not sure he was in and out so much at RB Leipzig?). That's probably testament to how highly Klopp wanted or rates them though.
    Last edited by teesred; 24th November 2020 at 07:55 AM.

He probably shouldn’t but - still - has a chance to salvage his Liverpool career. It is very much last chance saloon though.

The current injury crisis means that IF he can get back in shape relatively fast 3-5 weeks - he should get a run of games over the busiest of busy periods - no daft international breaks either. We are all longing to see him fulfil his potential - we need him to. This is a perfect opportunity for him to show what he can offer. Can he stay fit too.??

We need to see it or it is bye bye come June for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He probably shouldn’t but - still - has a chance to salvage his Liverpool career. It is very much last chance saloon though.

The current injury crisis means that IF he can get back in shape relatively fast 3-5 weeks - he should get a run of games over the busiest of busy periods - no daft international breaks either. We are all longing to see him fulfil his potential - we need him to. This is a perfect opportunity for him to show what he can offer. Can he stay fit too.??

We need to see it or it is bye bye come June for sure.
    Keita? If he can do that at play 20-30 games - I'd be tempted to sell him at the end of the season when his stock is high. I feel like he will always be plagued by injuries. Ox too. I want both of them to do well but they just can't get going
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

It’s a real shame. I’ve always liked him and he has the ability and personally when fit, I feel he does more for the midfield than some who are just MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Totally. Its interesting to think of what Keita could have been to this team with a full fitness record. Could he have been our KDB? Or something similar? We'll never know unfortunately.
    I think there may have been another Keita thread where I had a link which was an interview with one of our statisticians, showcasing several examples of Keita doing stuff like win the ball back, play a forward pass almost immediately to a player who would have had an assist but for a failed conversion and so on.

It painted our purchase of him in an incredibly logical light and also highlighted the "what if?" aspect a bit.

Hopefully I can dig it up. Was a good read.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay