Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Atalanta (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Rubbish pick from Klopp - should’ve gone hard and seal the deal and rested players over next 2 games - big mistake. Don’t understand manager's thinking - crap 1st half and then you still have to bring on reinforcements as they have to push - better to win convincingly and then put the subs on. Poor decision making.
    He is probably thinking about Saturday and what medical staff have told him.

He is probably worried about injuries but he wont admit that.

I think the 5-0 has kind of clouded our fanbase expectations these are a good side QF last season, we are better than them obviously but if you have 7/8 really off it this happens.

I look at it as a learning curve for the youngsters but we should win one of last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That cunt Richarlieson has a lot to answer for, it's been a huge miss not having Thiago available, the cunt knobbled Matip last season by deliberately landing on his foot with his studs, bad enough having players out with tweaks and strains and a couple of serious injuries without missing a midfielder for 8 games because there are cunts like Richarlieson in the game
    can't have it both ways, really. Great game against Leic. with existing squad and then bemoaning historical injury. Klopp's pick were wrong and the players failed to perform.

I really hope Milner is fit for the weekend, because we definitely need him at right back. Three games in six days is a lot to ask of a bloke who’s nearly 40.

I actually didn’t think the Italians were that great tonight; we were just fucking awful from start to finish.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He is probably thinking about Saturday and what medical staff have told him.

He is probably worried about injuries but he wont admit that.

I think the 5-0 has kind of clouded our fanbase expectations these are a good side QF last season, we are better than them obviously but if you have 7/8 really off it this happens.

I look at it as a learning curve for the youngsters but we should win one of last two games.
    you're right - almost everything written on the forum is supposition and venting. I'm venting but I do subscribe to the notion that when the "better" players see so many junior players, unconsciously their performance drops. It shouldn't but they're human.

As ever all the focus on the next game, picking our best available 11 this time and showing our usual respect for the opposition, fighting like hell for everything, get the win and another vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep just watched the goals again and zero closing down from Neco to even attempt to stop the ball coming into the box and Rhys totally at fault for the second.
    This is the Champions League after all not an U23 match where you learn the game as a youngster. Always a risk bring inexperienced youngsters in for such a game. Milner at RB Fab in at CB and we don’t concede either goal.

You’re right Syd, I said exactly that after about 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Minamino has to learn you cant stand still and try and control with your back to goal.. your gonna get caught all the time. he needs to run towards the ball a bit and then try and control it.
    He's shite. End of. We're getting nothing from him.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    you're right - almost everything written on the forum is supposition and venting. I'm venting but I do subscribe to the notion that when the "better" players see so many junior players, unconsciously their performance drops. It shouldn't but they're human.
    We'll be ok ideally we beat Ajax and then chuck out the kids against the Danes as im not bothered if we top the group or not.

Hopefully Hendo/Thiago are back soon that makes us far stronger.

Jurgen very honest in his post match assessment.

Capped off with with a nice little dig at BT, congratulations to BT for having our game on at 12:00 on Saturday