The Premier League is bringing its successful ePremier League (ePL) competition back for the third year, offering UK-based gamers the chance to represent their favourite Premier League club in a virtual football tournament.
From 5pm GMT on Thursday December 3, avid players of EA SPORTS FIFA 21 can register to take part in the competition, and Liverpool FC is looking for its next representative to follow in the footsteps of Donovan ‘Tekkz’ Hunt.
Top-ranking EA SPORTS FIFA player Tekkz took home the title for the Reds in 2019, becoming the first ever player to win the ePL trophy after defeating Manchester United’s Kyle Leese in the grand final. During the second season, he earned himself a spot in the 2020 finals, along with teammate Oliver Hall, who represented LFC on PS4.
Tekkz said: “Being part of the ePL is one of the highlights of my year, being able to represent my team in such a competitive tournament like this is a dream. But then going on to win it, well the feeling is indescribable.*
“Each year is just as exciting as the last, if not more so – you never know who exactly you’re going to be coming up against and there are some really incredible players. Winning is not an easy task but I love how competitive it is. For those thinking of signing up, I’d definitely say you should give it a go and I might see you on the virtual pitch.”
On earning his spot in the finals last year, Hall said: “What an incredible experience last season was. I went into the competition because it seemed really exciting and a fun tournament to be part of. Never did I think I would make it as far as I did and realise my dream of representing my club at the finals. It’s definitely something I’ll never forget, it was truly surreal.”
All 20 Premier League clubs will be looking for their best 16 players from the qualifying rounds, who will progress to the live club play-offs to compete for a place in the grand finals. One gamer will represent the club competing on Xbox and another gamer on PS4.
The ePL online qualifiers will start on January 4, with the final played in March and broadcast live on Sky Sports and the Premier League's social media channels.
The competition is open to UK residents aged 16 and over and will once again take place on PlayStation4 and Xbox One. As well as taking home the trophy and a share of the £40,000 prize pot, there will also be seats on offer for top-ranking players at the EA SPORTS FIFA 21 Global Series (FGS) European Play-offs.
To register to play in this year’s 2020-21 ePL tournament, click here.

More...