Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Ajax (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We all know he wouldn't be getting a start if Trent was fit. If he was that bad the other night, Klopp could have played someone else there today even though his options were limited. He obviously has more faith in him than some on here.
    Some of Klopp's recent decisions have shown that he's not infallible. Having faith in someone can be a good thing. However repeatedly putting faith in someone or something when doing so costs you and/or your organisation is something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Praise or criticism should not depend on a persons age, only whether their actions/performances are deserving of those things or not. Yes either of those things could be tempered slightly depending on how near to either end of the spectrum a person is, but when you are not at either end, and/or you a highly paid professional, you have to expect a bit of criticism when it comes your way, and to learn from it.
    Im just going by personal experience, I'm sure Neco knows he hadn't the best of games but there's a huge demand on young players .he's not Trent but he's giving it his all and maybe with time and backing he will put in the performance the manager and himself know he can give.

People keep digging at Klopp and Neco what else can he do ?

I said before our game no chance Milner plays all 5 games then this happens the top managers are getting this from sports science teams they KNOW what they are talking about Brighton lost players to injury too.

Neco will start against Ajax and its time people got behind our players yes he may not be good enough but he is the ONLY option now unless you play someone out of position.

I said before a ball was kicked if you have an off season this is the one to have it.

Some of Klopp's recent decisions have shown that he's not infallible. Having faith in someone can be a good thing. However repeatedly putting faith in someone or something when doing so costs you and/or your organisation is something else entirely.
    Picking Williams today didn't cost us the win. It was Robertson who gave away the penalty in added time. Whether you agree with the decision or not, Robertson, not Williams cost us two points.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Im just going by personal experience, I'm sure Neco knows he hadn't the best of games but there's a huge demand on young players .he's not Trent but he's giving it his all and maybe with time and backing he will put in the performance the manager and himself know he can give.
    But does he or those in charge of him know why he's not had the best of games, and if they do, what are they doing about it? Doing nothing about it will be as bad, if not worse than 'giving him both barrels'. He needs to be encouraged whilst simultaneously being told/shown in no uncertain terms why he is going wrong/how he can improve. Part of that comes from knowing what will/should happen if you perform well i.e. get more playing time, or if you perform poorly and get less time on the pitch.

Picking Williams today didn't cost us the win. It was Robertson who gave away the penalty in added time. Whether you agree with the decision or not, Robertson, not Williams cost us two points.
    In the last couple of games we have performed poorly because of a number of poor decisions from Klopp, not solely as a result of him playing Neco.

There’s a difference between having a bad game and never having a good one because you’re not good enough.

In the last couple of games we have performed poorly because of a number of poor decisions from Klopp, not solely as a result of him playing Neco.
    And what happens when we have a full squad to pick from, and he picks his best team and we don't win. Who gets the blame then ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Anyone who knows my posts on this forum will know that i am very reluctant to criticise any players, especially youngsters. I do think that Neco Williams is just out of his depth. It's not really a personal criticism of his game. He had a very poor game in mid week and if you remember in this fixture last season Jurgen also had to take him off at half time because he was getting done too easily. He gave away a penalty in this game, trying to tackle with the wrong foot. Whereas Andy Robbos penalty was hardly a penalty, and Welbeck had time to think about if he would even bother going down or not.
    I do love to see our young players coming through, and would rather see that than just buying in talent, but sometimes players just look like they can't manage it. Another example is Sepp vd Berg. I don't think we should be afraid to say that such and such a young player us just not ready yet. I felt midweek that Matip was reluctant to pass to Neco, So it is affecting the team shape and they system of playing.

And what happens when we have a full squad to pick from, and he picks his best team and we don't win. Who gets the blame then ?
    If he picks a team and also makes any changes that have consistently shown themselves to be good enough to beat those in front of him, then the players have to take a large part of the blame, but then again you have to ask yourself why they performed poorly. Was it just down to them, or was it down to something he did or did not do?

In regards to selections, formations and any mid game changes, such things fall squarely on Klopp's shoulders.