Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Ajax (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Are you seriously questioning the management skills of 19x, Kev ?

Jota scores goals, quick stick him in the CM position for the bants

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    If he picks a team and also makes any changes that have consistently shown themselves to be good enough to beat those in front of him, then the players have to take a large part of the blame, but then again you have to ask yourself why they performed poorly. Was it just down to them, or was it down to something he did or did not do?

In regards to selections, formations and any mid game changes, such things fall squarely on Klopp's shoulders.
    No-one knows why they performed poorly, but in sport nothing is guaranteed. Regarding formations, i've said before that the players should be clever enough to change things themselves during games without Klopp holding their hand, they'll know by the score at the time if they are working or not.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Well said mate. I find it hard criticising young players.
    Me too. I vividly remember people wanking themselves silly over Neco last season. Apparently back four was sorted for the next 10 years.

Let’s not forget, that he’s learning his trade in a completely unsettled back four. Would he be better with VvD and Gomez alongside him?

We all know that he wouldn’t be starting if Trent was fit, and lets not forget, he has his defensive lapses.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    No-one knows why they performed poorly, but in sport nothing is guaranteed. Regarding formations, i've said before that the players should be clever enough to change things themselves during games without Klopp holding their hand, they'll know by the score at the time if they are working or not.
    Nothing is guaranteed, but a lot of things are well signposted. In such circumstances, if you end up losing your way, you have nobody else to blame but yourself.

Each person has to take responsibility for themselves and the things they can directly effect. Some people are in a position to have a bigger effect on things than others.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Me too. I vividly remember people wanking themselves silly over Neco last season. Apparently back four was sorted for the next 10 years.

Let’s not forget, that he’s learning his trade in a completely unsettled back four. Would he be better with VvD and Gomez alongside him?

We all know that he wouldn’t be starting if Trent was fit, and lets not forget, he has his defensive lapses.
    He played well last season but it can happen with younger players start well but weakness doesnt take long to spot same with a batsman at cricket.

He might be a player who needs a crowd its not an excuse just human nature.

Ive noticed people having sly digs at Klopp this was the same shit directed at Rafa and look who replaced him.

We have the best manager in the world abd if we win nothing this season we still have the best manager in the world.

We are not going to roll teams over week by week more rotation is needed the problem we have is we must have 7/8 first team members out all for a long time not easy to do much when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He played well last season but it can happen with younger players start well but weakness doesnt take long to spot same with a batsman at cricket.

He might be a player who needs a crowd its not an excuse just human nature.

Ive noticed people having sly digs at Klopp this was the same shit directed at Rafa and look who replaced him.

We have the best manager in the world abd if we win nothing this season we still have the best manager in the world.

We are not going to roll teams over week by week more rotation is needed the problem we have is we must have 7/8 first team members out all for a long time not easy to do much when that happens.
    Great post Legs.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Alisson
    Fabinho Matip R Williams Robertson
    Henderson Jones
    Salah Firmino Mane
    Jota

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    When has jota ever played as CM? surely firmino would be better playing the deeper role in a 4-2-3-1

Henderson wij being more defensive

Firmino creating going forward linking with Jota salah and mane

it makes sense, back to rafas system kinda

Why would you take the guy scoring goals away and put him in midfield?? your logic is??
    He's not playing CM, he's the attacking mid of the 3 playing a much more free role, it might have escaped your attention, but most of his goals have come from him starting from a deeper position and making well timed runs to be found, when he plays LFWD or RFWD he comes short and drops off almost all the time and that actually affects our overall team play because we've played consistently for a very long time with both our LFWD and RFWD making runs in behind, creating space for us and situations we can win second balls from

The last 2 league games we've played 4312/433 with the more attacking mid taking Bobby's place in the front 3 when Bobby's deeper helping out the midfield, so i apologies if you think playing Jota so he'll mostly be in positions to get involved in attacks that are exactly where and how he's scored most of his goals from is a bad idea
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post

Agree fully with that and what LEGS has said. Hes 19 and has already had way too much criticism. He might benefit from being away a while but its unlikely with our ever growing injury list. We have been spoilt the last 3 years having probably the best RB we've had in almost a generation.

...........................Alisson

Fabinho.........Matip........Williams .....Robertson

.................Henderson........Wijnaldum

...Salah..............Firmino...........Mane

...............................Jota

Something like this Miller?