Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavani Should Face the same ban as Suarez

/popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You dont understand diddly squat.. how verbal abuse effects people emotionally. I said i wouldnt feel bad if i was abused as much as a black person.. Because i have not had to put up with constant little remarks over my life time.. You wanna ask black footballers how much abuse they had to put up with., especially from crowds. Its obviously no where near as bad has is use to be..But footballers of bygone days have had to put with aload of shit. even in their own dressing rooms if they were the only black player..
    What has any of this got to do with your ability to cope with racism? And how you are so much better at it.?

Climb down and see how you are simply perpetuating stereotypes.

Do you think that by highlighting the racism suffered by black players you are making any more sense?

Black people have suffered far more than abuse from the terraces.. Far more.. so have many other people too. We are talking about a word - not what happens in sport.

Please try to keep on track.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st January 2021 at 02:59 PM.

Lets understand one thing.. Racism is not acceptable who ever does it. But i'm white and ive never felt inferior because of my skin colour. thats what black people have had suffered for 100s and 100s of years. I don't know how a black person feels when they are in a group of white people and they suffer mild racism. little comments here and there , not outward racism with hatred involved, Just comments that make you feel like an outsider ..I know has a human being i want to be accepted as a person first

I wouldnt feel emotionally destroyed inside if had a racist remark to me.. That's how black people feel.

You know its fucking sickening reading or listening to people who all of a sudden unlike their usual regime take

the attitude of the day to re-defiine their opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What has any of this got to do with your ability to cope with racism? And how you are so much better at it.?

Climb down and see how you are simply perpetuating stereotypes.
    of course you dont take all the comments ive posted into consideration.. You are now getting mixed up and act like a tosser
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    You know its fucking sickening reading or listening to people who all of a sudden unlike their usual regime take

the attitude of the day to re-defiine their opinions
    You think its because of the current BLM thing. You think i'm joining in? I don't follower any group of any kind. I'm giving my point of view.

I wouldnt feel emotionally destroyed inside if had a racist remark to me.. That's how black people feel.
    Black people feel different things because they are individuals. We now have many black people proclaiming the superiority of melanin for may different things, including intelligence. We also have a narrative of white people being uniquely evil, which is a widespread racist idea.

It is the temptation of identity politics to believe certain things about a group based on their identity including that they are victims of oppression or the perpetrators of oppression. This overlooks any individual characteristics a person may have and limits them to their identity group - in the case of racial identity it judges people by their skin colour. This used to be considered a racist thing to do to someone but it has been rehabilitated by, in my opinion, evil protagonists such as Black Lives Matter.

That's why bending the knee is so divisive. What are we bending the knee to? It is a religious gesture which was initiated as a refusal to respect the American flag. What are we refusing now in this country? Police brutality, the Nation State, the patriarchy? What has become so solemn at this point in time that we can't enjoy a game of football without this terrible sadness at the start if it?

There was always racism at the games, much less at Anfield than at other grounds, but it is a fairly minor feature of general abusiveness from fans these days. We used to chant 'You Fat Bastard' directly at Wayne Rooney, in unison, extremely loudly. And he had to deal with it, no matter how he felt.

of course you dont take all the comments ive posted into consideration.. You are now getting mixed up and act like a tosser
    How on Earth am I acting like a tosser..?

Seriously - get a grip. Insults now because you can’t hold the discussion

And I should point out that I am completely against racist abuse at football games, but I think we should be able to deal with it fairly discretely at this stage. What Ferguson did to Suarez (with the FA) was a good example of how not to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Black people feel different things because they are individuals. We now have many black people proclaiming the superiority of melanin for may different things, including intelligence. We also have a narrative of white people being uniquely evil, which is a widespread racist idea.

It is the temptation of identity politics to believe certain things about a group based on their identity including that they are victims of oppression or the perpetrators of oppression. This overlooks any individual characteristics a person may have and limits them to their identity group - in the case of racial identity it judges people by their skin colour. This used to be considered a racist thing to do to someone but it has been rehabilitated by, in my opinion, evil protagonists such as Black Lives Matter.

That's why bending the knee is so divisive. What are we bending the knee to? It is a religious gesture which was initiated as a refusal to respect the American flag. What are we refusing now in this country? Police brutality, the Nation State, the patriarchy? What has become so solemn at this point in time that we can't enjoy a game of football without this terrible sadness at the start if it?

There was always racism at the games, much less at Anfield than at other grounds, but it is a fairly minor feature of general abusiveness from fans these days. We used to chant 'You Fat Bastard' directly at Wayne Rooney, in unison, extremely loudly. And he had to deal with it, no matter how he felt.
    This part of the discussion started after Fagin came out with the N word. and someone else asked why its ok for black people to use it and not white..Im trying to say its because theres different connotations to who uses it. Right or wrong.
    I wouldnt feel upset if i was racially attacked on the same levels a black person would (thats my opinion).. I do think the taking of the knee is going on to long now. But football is trying to keep the subject in the spotlight .

Being called fat is not the same as mentioning the colour of some ones skin..

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    And I should point out that I am completely against racist abuse at football games, but I think we should be able to deal with it fairly discretely at this stage. What Ferguson did to Suarez (with the FA) was a good example of how not to deal with it.
    What do you think about cavani 3 game ban/Fine ? assuming you know the full story which I think you do

Even if he is a manc I think it's a load of shite

if anything the only person it's hurt would perhaps be himself, and his own mental health may sound drastic but it can happen! - thinking everyone thinks he's a racist when he obviously isn't

Disgusting imo

FA need to start having some equality considering how they're "anti-racist" and LGBTQ friendly and all that the medias just as bad

if you're english you're all good

100k ban v 40k ban of suarez, which was so much worse too, yeah sure the games, but fuck me he still got paid for having 8 games off, and biting people for that matter never gave a proper shit about LFC anyway, not like we did for him.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st January 2021 at 03:11 PM.