Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cavani Should Face the same ban as Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Think justme has made a valid point albeit in a slightly cack handed way. He is not saying he is better than a black person at handling racism aimed at him, he is trying to emphasise how black people have serious racism virtually from birth, if they are born in Europe or the US.
    If justme was racially abused as a child and right on through his life, he would struggle with it just the same as anyone of any race creed or colour in the same position. “People of colour” have been made to feel inferior by whites for hundreds if not thousands of years.
    This is the main reason why white peoples being racially abused don’t take it seriously or get offended because of the history of racism throughout the centuries.

This is a very difficult subject and I think we should all take a deep breath before looking for opportunities to look less racist than the next person because he may not have expressed himself in what is considered the totally correct PC way.

Chill everyone, I doubt we have any “genuine” racists on here, just different ways of getting their point across.
    Thanks.if i came across in that matter. your right i didnt mean too. wasnt my intention. I brought that up because the question was why its fine for black people to use the N word and not white.

I think its because of how its perceived from both angles. I was asked would it be ok for me to be called the N word. I wouldnt have the same levels of emotional stress. I wasnt trying to appear arrogant..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Did you grow up on on a farm or something !!!!
    It wasn’t the nicest of comments though was it..? Lowers the tone.

This should be an open debate

Anyway moving on
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yeah that’s what I understood from your post mate.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thanks.if i came across in that matter. your right i didnt mean too. wasnt my intention. I brought that up because the question was why its fine for black people to use the N word and not white.

I think its because of how its perceived from both angles. I was asked would it be ok for me to be called the N word. I wouldnt have the same levels of emotional stress. I wasnt trying to appear arrogant..
    Highlights how easy it is to be misunderstood on this topic. And also highlights the danger of the times and assault on language meanings and interpretations.

Absolutely Steveo

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    What do you think about cavani 3 game ban/Fine ? assuming you know the full story which I think you do

Even if he is a manc I think it's a load of shite
    Yes I agree. I think people should be allowed to make mistakes. He said he deleted it as soon as it was pointed out to him that the term was viewed as unacceptable in this country. That should be the end of it.

You also had the Australian rugby player who was banned for retweeting a meme which included a line about homosexuality being sinful. He was an evangelical christian if memory serves me so it was his actual religious belief. But now we have these authorities telling us what we can and can’t believe. As if a member of the FA is in a position to decide whether homosexuality is sinful or what that even actually means. It ends up being another form of totalitarianism.

We should try and keep politics out of sports and that’s another reason why BLM is divisive. You are no longer allowed to disagree with them, as I do.

i agree with team of fxxxxts
    Last edited by fagin; 1st January 2021 at 04:18 PM.

I think everyone is prejudiced in some way to what they perceive as different and what they don’t know. It’s a condition as old as time and will gradually fade with familiarity and education. I don’t hate anyone outwardly and I don’t think of anyone as inferior but I also can admit that I don’t interact as well with people from different cultures as I do with my own. I simply don’t know how to. Anyone IMO who says that these little barriers in communication don’t exist for someone not familiar with them IMO is lying. You even see it tribalism and hate between different groups of people in the same geographical area. Mancs and scousers for example. Just a fact of life.

Well put eggy