Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cavani Should Face the same ban as Suarez

Hypocrisy boils my pish.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Hypocrisy boils my pish.
    Mine too.

There are a number of reds fans who at the time shot themselves and jumped on the “Suarez is a racist” bandwagon who are now saying Cavani shouldn’t be banned.

Well which is it?? Is it a racist term for someone from South America or not??

The whole point of this thread was, that if you all decided Suarez deserved his ban for using this apparently abhorrent racist term, then Cavani should face the same ban for using the same term.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    There are a number of reds fans who at the time shot themselves and jumped on the “Suarez is a racist” bandwagon who are now saying Cavani shouldn’t be banned.

Well which is it?? Is it a racist term for someone from South America or not??

The whole point of this thread was, that if you all decided Suarez deserved his ban for using this apparently abhorrent racist term, then Cavani should face the same ban for using the same term.
    As people already explained it was a completely different situation

and context

Sorry Kev, bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Sorry Kev, bollocks
    Is it that hard to see the difference?

Stop being so wrapped up because it's a man utd player and suarez was a cunt

Imagine thinking something shared on insta in a friendly way is the same as a big arguement on the field and obviously said in a different way / angry after a debate

I don't think it was 100% the same word either?

Did it happen in a football game no- Suarez was obviously intending to be a cunt

Did it happen on insta, for like a hour before it got deleted when he just shared some geezer's story thinking nothing of it but positive shit yes

Suarez was banned for saying 'porque eres negro', which means 'because you are black' .
    In no way are they the same situation, or even the same words.

there's a reason why most of the world apart from liverpool fans think it's bizzare and pretty much only liverpool fans defended suarez
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th January 2021 at 01:45 AM.

I am of the opinion that a racist term is one that should not be used from one race to another.

Look at the “N” word, black people use it between themselves all the time but there are absolutely no circumstances where a white guy should use it to a black guy, none.

Suarez was given a heavy ban because the term he used was so racist Evra could not bring himself to repeat it.

If that is the case... IF... then there should be no circumstances where Cavani should be using it either.
    You cannot have it both ways.

To use your language..”is that it so hard to see the connection?”

I have my view which will not change and that is that neither should have been banned. However, in law, once you set a “precedent” that is the example by which all other similar incidents are judged.

As far as I understand, they used the same term, urgo, the same punishment applies.

Not how Suarez saw it and not what was eventually accepted either