Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavani Should Face the same ban as Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by philfatkid View Post
    It is a fascinating debate, surely it can only be racist if it's intended to be racist, and not perceived to be racist ? but who decides ?

Around 5 years ago i was a foreman for a gang of 20 men who travelled around England for 3 years, refurbishing Prudential insurance offices, 2 of the lads never got on, at all, so we tried to keep them apart, as much as possible, any way one day a massive row broke out, the shouting could be heard 2 floors below, i got up there to see Dennis (who was of Jamaican descent) being held back from Geoff, who was, shall we say was more than a little over weight, it turns out Geoff called Dennis a black bastard, and it was heard by someone other than us that worked for the company, so i tried to get to the bottom of it and get all the details, as i knew it would be going further.
    I asked everyone who was in earshot, it turns Dennis called Geoff a fat c**t, the up shot being, that at the HR meeting i had to attend, they decided that being called a fat C**t was no provocation for using racist language, and Geoff was sacked ! to this day i'm not sure that was the right outcome, in fact right after the incident, Geoff was much more angry than Dennis.
    Was Dennis reprimanded at all?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

The blackboard thing is nonsense.. They have mostly been replaced by white boards that you can use felt-tips on . Simply because its easier to write with a feltip than a piece of chalk.
    (and no its not been replaced because its white )
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Did you hear about the radio presenter being suspended for saying 2 players were fighting like handbag during a football commentary?
    Now thats OTT. Obviously not the same as racism.
    But sometimes things aren't meant as racism but get classed it anyway. Like i said i dont even think Cavani should be banned.. Just a warning will be acceptable. But he will be banned anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Did you hear about the radio presenter being suspended for saying 2 players were fighting like handbag during a football commentary?
    Now thats OTT. Obviously not the same as racism.
    But sometimes things aren't meant as racism but get classed it anyway. Like i said i dont even think Cavani should be banned.. Just a warning will be acceptable. But he will be banned anyway..
    They got rid of Andy Gray and Richard Keys over a nothing incident, just because Charlotte Jackson couldn't take a joke, and went running to her bosses. Political correctness has now gone way over the top in all sorts of ways.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    "affectionate manner"

"The Uruguayan international shared an Instagram story from a fan, using a racially offensive term. The post has since been deleted"

He didn't even fucking say it for fuck sake, he was sharing something in his eyes was nice and saying thank you

Only in wetwipe UK context is a huge thing for fuck sake, then again it's the same country that's changed baa baa black sheep, and fairytale of new york on the main radio station

This country must be the softest in the world

It's a joke if he gets a longish ban tbh, even if he is a manc would be fuming if it was one of our players

Ban same as suarez?? VAR getting to some heads
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    "A warning that the nursery rhyme Baa Baa Black Sheep should not be taught in schools because it is "racially offensive" has been scrapped.

The guidelines by education chiefs at Birmingham City Council were dropped after black parents condemned the advice as ridiculous....."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/600470.stm

I wonder if it has been reinstated since 2000 as these control freaks rarely give up on their various causes.
    ----------
    “Baa Baa Black Sheep” has been deemed racist, and will no longer be sung at some child care centers in Australia. The classic nursery rhyme was penned in the early 1700s, and has been a preschool staple around the world. Some child care centers in Melbourne changed the phrases in “Baa Baa Black Sheep” because administrators feel it is both racist and sexist.

In an effort to reflect a “multicultural community,” the “Baa Baa Black Sheep” nursery rhyme the staff at south-eastern Melbourne suburbs child care centers told the Herald Sun the lyric was being changed because of concerns over the racial connotations of the term “black.” Kindergarten teachers at the early childhood education centers reportedly told the newspaper that the line, “one for the little boy who lives down the lane” may also be changed to avoid any sexist connotations.

https://www.inquisitr.com/1551979/baa-baa-black-sheep-deemed-racist/

I wonder if you could sue the state for making you a racist (sexist too) by this far right playschool indoctrination !!
    We should sue the state for being fecking idiots.
    I can't believe all the crap now going on. It's all being done by white people trying to appease people who aren't white.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

And usually about things that non white people are not offended by, which causes trouble where there wasn’t any.
    It wasn’t long ago Birmingham City council wanted to ban all mentions of Christmas and call it the “Winter Festival,” as Christmas is offensive to none Christians.

That is the sort of complete nonsense that makes my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by philfatkid View Post
    It is a fascinating debate, surely it can only be racist if it's intended to be racist, and not perceived to be racist ? but who decides ?

Around 5 years ago i was a foreman for a gang of 20 men who travelled around England for 3 years, refurbishing Prudential insurance offices, 2 of the lads never got on, at all, so we tried to keep them apart, as much as possible, any way one day a massive row broke out, the shouting could be heard 2 floors below, i got up there to see Dennis (who was of Jamaican descent) being held back from Geoff, who was, shall we say was more than a little over weight, it turns out Geoff called Dennis a black bastard, and it was heard by someone other than us that worked for the company, so i tried to get to the bottom of it and get all the details, as i knew it would be going further.
    I asked everyone who was in earshot, it turns Dennis called Geoff a fat c**t, the up shot being, that at the HR meeting i had to attend, they decided that being called a fat C**t was no provocation for using racist language, and Geoff was sacked ! to this day i'm not sure that was the right outcome, in fact right after the incident, Geoff was much more angry than Dennis.
    The special victim status awarded to one ‘oppressed group’ is open to abuse. There was that horrible Everton defender a few seasons ago who pushed Firmino into the crowd in a very nasty and cowardly manner. When Firmino got up and ran at him he told the ref that Firmino had used a racist term in his fury.
    All accounts suggested that was a lie as far as I can remember. A classic use of the race card to deflect attention from his own spiteful and cheating character.

Myself if I don't like someone its because of how I perceive them to be.. Take Lewis Hamilton I find him to be an ultra hypocrite
    I don't like Raheem Sterling either. My dislike is not because of their skin colour. But i know some out there will then go on a tirade and say its because of that reasoning.
    If someone is 100% racist there is no place in society for them. But its got to the point where people are eating themselves up and everyone with them,out of fear of offending. when theres non there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The special victim status awarded to one ‘oppressed group’ is open to abuse. There was that horrible Everton defender a few seasons ago who pushed Firmino into the crowd in a very nasty and cowardly manner. When Firmino got up and ran at him he told the ref that Firmino had used a racist term in his fury.
    All accounts suggested that was a lie as far as I can remember. A classic use of the race card to deflect attention from his own spiteful and cheating character.
    Virgil's debut FA cup January 2018.. It was Holgate - Happened right below me and my lad who was 8 at the time.

Bobby & those sat at the bottom of the main stand were very lucky not to be seriously hurt.

He realised the anger of the crowd and the gravity of what he had done BUT in an instant put the ref under pressure not to send him off by intimating that Bobby had used racist language... It was a bare faced lie AND one which could have landed Bobby in the shit. I was waiting for months to see some action for the swine but there was nothing at all.. Here we are in 2020... Not even a yellow card...???

https://www.theguardian.com/football...sm-allegations
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st December 2020 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Myself if I don't like someone its because of how I perceive them to be.. Take Lewis Hamilton I find him to be an ultra hypocrite
    I don't like Raheem Sterling either. My dislike is not because of their skin colour. But i know some out there will then go on a tirade and say its because of that reasoning.
    If someone is 100% racist there is no place in society for them. But its got to the point where people are eating themselves up and everyone with them,out of fear of offending. when theres non there.
    This.

Unfortunately that former individual is almost certainly going to win SPOTY, so expect to hear a lot more of his hypocrisy in the coming weeks.