Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Ajax (CL Match Thread)

Jurgen said he put him in for his footballing ability. That’s finally acknowledging Adrian is hopeless with the ball at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I really hope we don't play a top side early, hopefully more players back and the team more back to themselves...

hopefully coming 1st will help that

and those that don't say we get any luck, not every day a goalkeeper has a horrorshow

Looks like we've got a new number #2 and rightly so, adrians days are probably numbered
    Totally agree. Despite playing a good second half we would have been beaten soundly by one of the better sides in that first half where we were second to everything and everyone. We now have plenty of time to get players fit and hopefully recruit in January.
    Schuurs will go for way more than 27m.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Totally agree. Despite playing a good second half we would have been beaten soundly by one of the better sides in that first half where we were second to everything and everyone. We now have plenty of time to get players fit and hopefully recruit in January.
    Schuurs will go for way more than 27m.
    I thought he had a release clause
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I thought he had a release clause
    Ah right. Didnt know that. Seems a steal at that price but I've only seen him in the 2 games against LFC.

Anyone else thinking we're looking light in midfield teams are bossing us more, since fabinho isn't there?

I know certain people aren't a fan of him but yeah, i think we do miss him in midfield

needs must though.

Anyone else thinking we're looking light in midfield teams are bossing us more, since fabinho isn't there?

I know certain people aren't a fan of him but yeah, i think we do miss him in midfield

needs must though.
    I would play him there against Wolves, and bring Philips in. Only for injuries the Henderson Fabinho and Wijnaldum midfield is what Klopp prefers.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

needs must though.
    We looked light last night because our midfield were constantly outnumbered as Bobby wasn't there dropping in, that lightness changed as soon as Bobby came on

Fabinho at CM Atletico, Watford, Burnley, UAE FC, Villa, 4 crushing defeats and a dismal draw, then other games like West Ham and Chelsea where we shipped 2 or more goals having not conceded at all or only the odd goal a game over about 20 games without him.

Since the evolution of our midfield's play in his absence Fabinho has been a disaster at CM as it has become rather than DM he played first season, don't take my word for it, go and check out our record with him at CM since his return last season, it is absolutely abysmal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Game changed a little after the goal - before Bobby came on - Ajax had been on top and fell behind.... Quelle Surprise.

Personally I am happy for Bobby to supplement the midfield - that is where he does so much for us...BUT Jota goes up top then in the 9. It is going to happen

At City did we go out all guns blazing in a definite 4-2-4 or was it more 4-2-3-1 ?

It was flexible - but boy did it work. Yes it was a bit risky but when it clicks - we are going to literally rip someone to bits.. 7 or 8...