Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Ajax (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    At City did we go out all guns blazing in a definite 4-2-4 or was it more 4-2-3-1 ?
    It was the 4312/433 where our more attacking mid makes the 3 if Bobby's deeper or joins the front 3 from deeper, Jota started at RCM and played that role in that one

At Wolves because they counter a lot Jota played a lot deeper when they were defending, like an orthodox LM or LCM a lot of the time, he's the best suited of all our forwards to play a LCM or RCM role if/when we got with all four

It makes perfect sense to me at least because he's scored most of his goals for us being found with runs from a little deeper, behind Mane and Mo, we don't lose our constant runs in behind from them and Jota's also great at making outside in runs between the lines to be found between the opposition midfield and defence,, a lot better than Mane or Mo or any of our more attacking mids at it, so for me if/when we play all 4 that's the best way to use them as it's playing to all their strengths
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep Salah and Bobby were most often the more advanced in that first half ( especially Salah ) - personally I would just have our front 3 as normal but push Jota through the middle as he was in Bergamo and you have a front line that will hurt teams. Not saying it is without risk BUT we are dropping like flies. That 4 will occupy teams - peg them back and protect our defensive 3rd.

Just my take but think it would work in plenty of games - we could see a return to big scoring again. That takes the pressure off midfield and defence. We have had to concentrate so much over the last 2 years - be nice to just blow a few teams away and get a mental and physical rest.

I'm still really pissed off at the complete stitch up against the bitters and that it's not only deprived us of Virgil and 2 more points, but we've also been missing Thiago ever since too

Against Brighton some twat in Stockley gets the ref to award a pen that was never a pen, had VAR done its job properly and Prickford been sent off Richarlieson never makes that tackle

We should sue the cunts for endangering player safety on those grounds
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm still really pissed off at the complete stitch up against the bitters and that it's not only deprived us of Virgil and 2 more points, but we've also been missing Thiago ever since too

Against Brighton some twat in Stockley gets the ref to award a pen that was never a pen, had VAR done its job properly and Prickford been sent off Richarlieson never makes that tackle

We should sue the cunts for endangering player safety on those grounds
    The technology was meant to resolve all the contention around refs decision in football, it's made it markedly worse. And the game is worse off for it.

Can't even celebrate a goal properly (or at all)

I even think the goal line decision system is a bit shit at times. E.g. Bobby v Leicester? The "goal" against City a couple of seasons back. 15mm??? Fuck off
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    The technology was meant to resolve all the contention around refs decision in football, it's made it markedly worse. And the game is worse off for it.

Can't even celebrate a goal properly (or at all)

I even think the goal line decision system is a bit shit at times. E.g. Bobby v Leicester? The "goal" against City a couple of seasons back. 15mm??? Fuck off
    There's nothing wrong with the goal line technology, it's instant and correct at all times. It even shows where the ball drops, so no-one can argue with it.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the goal line technology, it's instant and correct at all times. It even shows where the ball drops, so no-one can argue with it.
    I know. But I actually think the rule is wrong. Technically the image below is not a goal - that pisses me off. Even if it was ruled out against us (i.e. the oppo scoring)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11/22/22/35979896-0-image-a-3_1606083670995.jpg
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I know. But I actually think the rule is wrong. Technically the image below is not a goal - that pisses me off. Even if it was ruled out against us (i.e. the oppo scoring)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11/22/22/35979896-0-image-a-3_1606083670995.jpg
    Personally I dont have an issue with Hawkeye, its black n white. Theres no grey area or misinterpretation. VAR on the other hand is now being abused and seems to me that the premier league are gradually sneaking it in for things they shouldn't. The pen against us last week being an example, the VAR team like a snitch had a word in the refs ear to look at it when there wasnt any need to in my book. I'd like to see one of the refs have the balls to say no to them.
    The linesman will be redundant very soon as theres no need for them to be there.

Am I imaging things or did the rule years ago used to be only half the ball needed to be over the line ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Am I imaging things or did the rule years ago used to be only half the ball needed to be over the line ?
    Must have been a while back - it's always been full ball since I've been around I think.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post

I had assumed it was ever since 1863