Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Ajax (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Personally I dont have an issue with Hawkeye, its black n white. Theres no grey area or misinterpretation. VAR on the other hand is now being abused and seems to me that the premier league are gradually sneaking it in for things they shouldn't. The pen against us last week being an example, the VAR team like a snitch had a word in the refs ear to look at it when there wasnt any need to in my book. I'd like to see one of the refs have the balls to say no to them.
    The linesman will be redundant very soon as theres no need for them to be there.
    I'm kind of arguing against myself here I understand the binary nature of hawk eye but I still think that example above should count as a goal
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I'm kind of arguing against myself here I understand the binary nature of hawk eye but I still think that example above should count as a goal
    Why ? The whole of the ball isn't over the lines, they are the rules. Your example was much nearer to a goal than Geoff Hurst's was in the 66 World Cup Final. How that was given as a goal i have no idea.
    Last edited by skyebo; 3rd December 2020 at 02:05 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why ? The whole of the ball isn't over the lines, they are the rules. Your example was much nearer to a goal than Geoff Hurst's was in the 66 World Cup Final. How that was given as a goal i have no idea.
    Come on Skye... You must surely have an inkling as to why that World Cup final goal was given...?

Its a shame this technology wasnt available in the fa-cup final against Chelsea when King Kenny was the manager..I still say to this day the ball was over the line from the Carrol header
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its a shame this technology wasnt available in the fa-cup final against Chelsea when King Kenny was the manager..I still say to this day the ball was over the line from the Carrol header
    Probably glad it was t around in 2005 though eh..?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There's an urban legend that the linesman was from the USSR. When asked on his deathbed why he gave the goal he answered with a single word "Stalingrad".
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Wouldn't it have then been a red card and penalty against Cech? I'd almost rather take that.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not so, Jose until this day Jose goes mental about that.. But if you review that incident. Just look at the ref he was about to award a penalty and send Chech off. So Chelsea got away with it more than we did.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Wouldn't it have then been a red card and penalty against Cech? I'd almost rather take that.
    Certainly wouldn't rather take it now - that goal got us the win. A Red card and a penalty would need VAR not Hawkeye - and wouldn't have guaranteed a win.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not so, Jose until this day Jose goes mental about that.. But if you review that incident. Just look at the ref he was about to award a penalty and send Chech off. So Chelsea got away with it more than we did.
    Hang on - SO you would happily take that over the goal and the win???? I thought we were talking specifically about goal line technology?