Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Ajax (CL Match Thread)

Ajax look a decent side. Keeping the ball well and have us pretty much at arms length in midfield and attack.
    Midfield needs to be better second half as they're nowhere near Ajax.

HT 0-0 Could have scored, Jones twice and Jota once and another he took a poor touch when we were otherwise 3v2 on the counter, got the extra goal threat of Jota up front, but we are really missing all the hard graft Bobby does dropping into midfield

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic and make sure we're A LOT better second half, get the win and another vital 3 points to book our place in the knockout stages
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Our ball control in this half has been poor.. we are playing back to front and losing the possession all the time
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Have to credit Ajax dominated us on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Noods, I think he was just being encouraging.

Adrian who?
    Perhaps, but some people do like to hype up a player (particularly one of their own) a bit too quickly at times. I prefer to wait for a bit more evidence before doing such a thing.

The spanking we gave Leicester feels like A long time ago
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Noods, I think he was just being encouraging.

Adrian who?
    I was being encouraging
    Noods....
    Shake Hands!
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    HT 0-0 Could have scored, Jones twice and Jota once and another he took a poor touch when we were otherwise 3v2 on the counter, got the extra goal threat of Jota up front, but we are really missing all the hard graft Bobby does dropping into midfield

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic and make sure we're A LOT better second half, get the win and another vital 3 points to book our place in the knockout stages
    Midfield is shocking dude - have the balance to call it.

No Bobby in Bergamo and we smashed Atalanta for 5...didn’t get zip after Jota was replaced. Not that one game proves analysing but one half and the problem is quality in the ball.

EDIT: not that one game proves anything but this is just one half and the problem is our quality on the ball. It is the midfield that is struggling most here.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st December 2020 at 09:53 PM.

Much much better half from Neco, probably his best 45 in a first team game. Kelleher was better with his feet than Adrian, launching it long when needs be.
    A bit meh from the midfield, we’ve been in some excellent positions and wasted them with poor touches or final balls. Strangely Jota at fault for us not going in at half time in front with two heavy touches at vital moments.
    Enthralling game that could still end up going either way, difficult to call.

Neco Williams playing a more solid game tonight. He is keeping it simple, sometimes just getting rid, and not turning back into trouble. I think Ajax have been targeting him in the last 25 minutes.
    We have been linked with Schuurs haven't we. Maybe just paper talk, but he looks really good.
    Atalanta currently losing at home. if it stays that way does that mean we are through regardless?