Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Ajax (CL Match Thread)

Schurrs is fairly quick too not seen much of him but if rumoured to be available £25m then might be worth a go.

Jota has missed 2 great chances to play someone in.

Just get the draw go through and play the U18s next week that is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    I was being encouraging
    Noods....
    Shake Hands!
    Which is fair enough, and would have been even if you were doing what I said above. I would have just seen what you said more as encouragement if you had said something like "good save lad!".

Are "our" expectations to play like the first XI even though we are injury ravaged? That's going to cause uncertainty.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Much much better half from Neco, probably his best 45 in a first team game. Kelleher was better with his feet than Adrian, launching it long when needs be.
    A bit meh from the midfield, we’ve been in some excellent positions and wasted them with poor touches or final balls. Strangely Jota at fault for us not going in at half time in front with two heavy touches at vital moments.
    Enthralling game that could still end up going either way, difficult to call.
    We desperately need someone in midfield who can hang on the ball, more so given we look like we are running on empty and could do without giving away the ball as easily as we are, especially what is going on with our backline.

The lads up top need to take any chance we get. A bit sloppy from Jota and Mane looks as if he can't be arsed.
    A solid half but we need a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Neco Williams playing a more solid game tonight. He is keeping it simple, sometimes just getting rid, and not turning back into trouble. I think Ajax have been targeting him in the last 25 minutes.
    We have been linked with Schuurs haven't we. Maybe just paper talk, but he looks really good.
    Atalanta currently losing at home. if it stays that way does that mean we are through regardless?
    Yes, if Atalanta lose tonight then we are through regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Much much better half from Neco, probably his best 45 in a first team game. Kelleher was better with his feet than Adrian, launching it long when needs be.
    A bit meh from the midfield, we’ve been in some excellent positions and wasted them with poor touches or final balls. Strangely Jota at fault for us not going in at half time in front with two heavy touches at vital moments.
    Enthralling game that could still end up going either way, difficult to call.
    Agree. Would like to see Gini at 6, Hendo rcm and Curtis lcm

The Ajax lad was lucky not to get a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Which is fair enough, and would have been even if you were doing what I said above. I would have just seen what you said more as encouragement if you had said something like "good save lad!".
    I have no idea how to attach a pic, needless to say the shake hands was blackstuff related
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Midfield is shocking dude - have the balance to call it.

No Bobby in Bergamo and we smashed Atalanta for 5...didn’t get zip after Jota was replaced. Not that one game proves analysing but one half and the problem is quality in the ball.

EDIT: not that one game proves anything but this is just one half and the problem is our quality on the ball. It is the midfield that is struggling most here.
    They're being outnumbered, Bobby makes it a four a lot of the time and drops very deep quite a lot, deeper than 2 of the midfielders, in the game v Atalanta they played very open and their press was non existent, Jota has to link midfield and attack better in this game and help midfield more, I'm sure he'll pop up with a goal or 2 second half, he has wasted 2 decent chances with a poor touch first half, one of himself and one where we were 3v2 and he should have played Mo in but for a poor touch
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”