Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Your team v Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No no no - but I don’t knock Hendo at all 19... come on mate.. You must be confusing me with someone else. I used to call him ordinary , years back when he was..... guess what.. ordinary. I was one of the first to comment on his mahusive improvement more than 2 years ago . And he has improved beyond anything many of us could have imagined.

I think he is absolutely key to our current best 11 and one of the first names on the sheet.
    I was possibly thinking of someone else then, the injury crisis has been something of an eye opener in respect of his knockers, you know the ones who were insistent he'd only won anything because of x y or z player, when thus far (touch wood)and at the end of last season too results and performances appear to have unquestionably shown that hendo at CM is the single player we missed the most and struggle the most without
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's reaching to call the pass for the first an assist. Coady f**ked it totally.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

An assist means you find a team mate with a pass, not the opponent. The only assist came from Coady for that goal.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It's reaching to call the pass for the first an assist. Coady f**ked it totally.
    I didn't call it an assist, 'from Hendo's ball' is what i wrote
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I didn't call it an assist, 'from Hendo's ball' is what i wrote
    Correct - that was my mention of what will go down as an assist for Gini’s lovely finish - probably made it look like you had mentioned an assist when you didn’t.

Classic example of how forums can lead to misunderstandings.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Absolutely and you need plenty of luck too. Mecheda came in and effectively won them a title they nearly lost. Point being precisely the same as we have now with Klopp... Ferguson instilled that belief across the squad...and had players often with little to no experience - who were mentally conditioned well enough to come in and perform. Mentality is what made the teams of Shanks and Paisley - Like with Fergie and Jose ... They didn't just happen to always have the best players - they also built a belief system. What gets you through those tough 1 nil wins or last gasp winning goals is that belief....at least in my opinion.

Interesting article from a similar stage of the season in 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson flummoxed by Manchester United injury crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-injury-crisis
    On the injuries a lot only a month.
    But funny ; Giggs at full back Evra CB.
    Also funny the list of injuries...
    Then at the end Hargreaves KNEES !

Their Mr Shaqiri/ Keita / Ox / Matip in 1

Winjaldum world class