Thread: Your team v Wolves

Your team v Wolves

Assuming Alisson is still out -

..........................Kelleher

Williams....Matip........Fabinho.....Robertson

.............................Wijnaldum

...................Henderson.........Jone

...Salah..............Firmino..........Jota

I'd ideally like to rest Mane as he has played a lot, but naturally trust Klopp's judgement on whoever gets the nod.

At last, some reprieve - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday without a match.

Can go strong against Wolves and then can FINALLY play a fringe/youth side against Midtyjlland should we so wish, having done the job against Ajax.

Joint top of the League, last 16 of the Champion's League. Considering everything, that isn't half bad at all!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I would go for Matip along side Philips and have our trusty Fabinho/Henderson/Wini in midfield. a front 3 of Mane Firmino and Salah
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Kelleher

N.Williams Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Mane's been our main man v Wolves the last few meetings, love Jota, don't think he was great tonight, but apparently we don't talk about that, even when not scoring Mane's been hugely influential in the goals we've scored and I don't like Jota at LFWD for us, I think he disrupts that side of our play by continually coming short, it's our strongest side and needs leaving as it is and it thrives off the runs in behind, they're more important to our left side functioning than they are our right
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Kelleher

N.Williams Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Mane's been our main man v Wolves the last few meetings, love Jota, don't think he was great tonight, but apparently we don't talk about that, even when not scoring Mane's been hugely influential in the goals we've scored and I don't like Jota at LFWD for us, I think he disrupts that side of our play by continually coming short, it's our strongest side and needs leaving as it is and it thrives off the runs in behind, they're more important to our left side functioning than they are our right
    That's the team I'd go with. Jota was bobbins tonight.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Jurgenhas just said said Robbo had a proper knock on the ankle tonight and played through.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    That's the team I'd go with. Jota was bobbins tonight.
    I liked that midfield 3 tonight, it reminded me of the run in Fabinho's absence, except for in that run all 3 mids were taking up the No6 position quite readily when necessary, including Ox, Lallana, Milner, basically any player who played with Hendo and Gini, I think Gini plays a lot better with Hendo for company, until tonight it has always been with Hendo starting at No6 but them readily interchanging positions, tonight in the second half we moved Gini to No6 and pushed Hendo up high pressing to nullify their threatening left hand side and it worked a treat, it's a good job Fabinho's impressed so much at CB, as for me Hendo, Thiago (if we ever get him fit) and now Gini are all ahead of him to start at or play at No6.

I keep saying it, but what was a DM role at No6 has evolved into a CM role and Fabinho just isn't a CM, you only need to look at our form from the moment he was brought back in at CM last season, the losses, the draw v Burnley, the amount of goals we started shipping and the nature of them to know that, some people just don't want to admit though, but the results and performances don't lie, they absolutely and categorically support my opinions on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Assuming Alisson is still out -

..........................Kelleher

Williams....Matip........Fabinho.....Robertson

.............................Wijnaldum

...................Henderson.........Jones

...Salah..............Firmino..........Jota

I'd ideally like to rest Mane as he has played a lot, but naturally trust Klopp's judgement on whoever gets the nod.

At last, some reprieve - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday without a match.

Can go strong against Wolves and then can FINALLY play a fringe/youth side against Midtyjlland should we so wish, having done the job against Ajax.

Joint top of the League, last 16 of the Champion's League. Considering everything, that isn't half bad at all!
    I'd go with that for the midfield selection.

I'd probably go with Mane on the bench as he plays more.
    Total b team v midjie

I'll go for your team sid, not 100% robertson will start but hope so and have a rest afterwards

I think he's been on the verge of picking up a injury for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'll go for your team sid, not 100% robertson will start but hope so and have a rest afterwards

I think he's been on the verge of picking up a injury for a while
    Robertson is a tough call - if we were playing an "easier" side than Wolves I might have taken a calculated gamble and given Tsimikas the nod - however once the Wolves game is done, we have Midtyjlland (kids/fringe possible) and then Fulham.

With respect to the likes of Williams (who was good against Ajax) I think playing Williams AND Tsimikas would be too big a loss against Wolves, hence Robertson's inclusion - in my eyes he can miss Midtyjlland and Fulham.

With Mane, I really want to play him in terms of selection choice, but do feel that rest is needed for him more than most. I think Klopp will field him against Wolves, but I personally wouldn't use him for more than the last 30 minutes or so if we can avoid it, ideally not at all.

The medical staff will assess who's in the best shape and we have a full 4 days to recover, then a full week as i expect as many of our best 11-14 as possible to be rested for the final Champions League group game, although that isn't as easy because we have to select from the ECL squad we picked and so can't just send out a full team of ressies.

Hopefully we'll have 2 or 3 back by next midweek or the following weekend