Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Wolves (Match Thread)

Agree Sid. It's our loss and we'll find out so when hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    My understanding is that the club are ok with him leaving. I think they don't want to boost his wages, he understands that and therefore is looking to leave on amicable terms. Barcelona seem keen, so why not?
    I dunno... can't understand why we wouldn't want to keep him in the Milner role even on high wages. He's fit as a bull (touch wood) and can play a variety of positions. Still in his prime too.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    how can we go from making brighton look good, and they boss are midfield to controlling against wolves 100% ??

Dominated em tonight
    Pretty simple, starting our Champions league Premier League WCC and European Super Cup winning front 3, Bobby helps us boss games and control games far better and all the donkey work dropping in he does facilitates Mane and Mo doing what they're brilliant at more of the time, constantly looking to run in behind, which is another huge part of our being able to control games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I thought Bobby looked like his old self today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Pretty simple, starting our Champions league Premier League WCC and European Super Cup winning front 3, Bobby helps us boss games and control games far better and all the donkey work dropping in he does facilitates Mane and Mo doing what they're brilliant at more of the time, constantly looking to run in behind, which is another huge part of our being able to control games
    I reckon Jota is already on his way to being your new Fabinho.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I reckon Jota is already on his way to being your new Fabinho.
    Not at all, i'm a massive fan of both, i watched Wolves a lot last season because of Jota, i think things take time and particularly with only one fullback instead of 2 in that midfield area most of the time at the moment we're already a player light in that area, so we need Bobby dropping in more than ever right now

I think when Thiago's fit and on a run of games with Hendo and Gini and Jota's more bedded in will be his time, everyone's been banging on about him scoring goals but seems to have missed the not insignificant fact that this has coincided with Mane and Mo's goals drying up because it's changed the dynamic and our not controlling games as well or playing as well as a team

I like Fab, i think he's doing a great job at CB and he was great at DM in 18-19, i think the issue is that in his absence the DM role evolved into a CM role and the team played at it's highest ever levels under Jurgen in that period and that a big part of that was the team became reliant and accustomed to the switches, attempted balls over the top, overall better distrubtion and pressing with Hendo at CM and Fab just isn't a CM and can't do those things or read the game as a CM

The position Fab was bought for no longer exists in LFC at their best, to try and force it is devolution and taking a huge backward step, as results and performances from when he was brought back in at DM have conclusively beyond any shadow of a doubt shown

Also re Fab and Jota and the change to our line and our not having/being able to have both fullbacks pushed up high, there is the potential, a great potential i feel for another slight tweak for games that would involve Fab playing as an out and out DM, but that requires us to have the greater distribution of both Hendo and Thiago in midfield and would require us to bring in a CB in January

Alisson

Trent Matip ??????? Robbo
    Fabinho
    Hendo___________Thiago

Salah Jota Mane

However, as Matip and Fab look to be forming a great CB partnership i'd probably leave that well alone

Just think with the prerequisites mentioned for some games this could be a good system to use to push both our full backs high and keep all 3 forwards high looking to make runs in behind if Jurgen feels that's needed with Fab, having built a great understanding with Matip dropping in as a third CB if we're countered
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th December 2020 at 12:46 AM.

Fab and Matip look the business together. The worry is when an injury occurs and it most definitely will. It's a tricky one for Klopp, does he go all out for someone who's a starter or a youngster with potential like Schurrs or Kabak? Very likely ths latter as we haven't really been linked with anyone other than those types.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Fab and Matip look the business together. The worry is when an injury occurs and it most definitely will. It's a tricky one for Klopp, does he go all out for someone who's a starter or a youngster with potential like Schurrs or Kabak? Very likely ths latter as we haven't really been linked with anyone other than those types.
    Schurrs all day long for me, he played RCB both games v us, BUT, now he's at Ajax he'll be being well educated in playing all positions so should be equally as comfortable at LCB or RCB

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Schurrs all day long for me, he played RCB both games v us, BUT, now he's at Ajax he'll be being well educated in playing all positions so should be equally as comfortable at LCB or RCB
    Yeah I'd be very happy if he ends up at LFC. Looked very good in both games and keeping Mane quiet twice is no mean feat. Reminded me of De Ligt.