Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One way of playing

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He is WC because of what he does for us I dont care what he would do for others as thankfully we wont have to see that.

You could argue Messi needed Iniesta/Xavi not eon big ears without them have they.

When he doesnt play for us you notice the difference.

You can have KDB as better than him but nobody else is you can name flashy players like Grealish but when the chips are down that is when it matters.
    I thought the definition of World class meant a player would get into any team. If that's how it works, then you're way off the mark with Henderson i'm afraid. He has improved over the last couple of years, but he was never, and never will be world class.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

He would defo get in any EPL team that is for sure.

As for others im not sure with La Liga or Serie A.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    When they are all fit, he may keep Fabinho at the back with VVD. Much better than Matip, and more reliable.
    Is he? For me it's not at all clear he's better with Matip.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

He is WC because of what he does for us I dont care what he would do for others as thankfully we wont have to see that.

You could argue Messi needed Iniesta/Xavi not eon big ears without them have they.

When he doesnt play for us you notice the difference.

You can have KDB as better than him but nobody else is you can name flashy players like Grealish but when the chips are down that is when it matters.
    He was out enough and we still won the league

noone is bigger than the team, that includes henderson

Wouldn't of done as good if salah was injured as much..

And I think most teams would miss there captain

And yeah, I don't really think there's a stand out midfield at all in this league apart from ours, so you're probably right if KDB had him or WIj next to him, they'd win the league
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th December 2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Is he? For me it's not at all clear he's better with Matip.
    For me he is. Matip had one good season ( his first ) then went backwards, his form only improved when VVD came in. The fact people think he is much better than Lovren is no yardstick either. If Klopp thought Matip was better than Lovren he would have got straight in after his injury, instead of waiting for Lovren to get injured to get his place back. For me, neither are good enough for a regular place.
    Last edited by skyebo; 8th December 2020 at 04:45 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    For me he is. Matip had one good season ( his first ) then went backwards, his form only improved when VVD came in. The fact people think he is much better than Lovren is no yardstick either. If Klopp thought Matip was better than Lovren he would have got straight in after his injury, instead of waiting for Lovren to get injured to get his place back. For me, neither are good enough for a regular place.
    Another position- VVD making the other CB'S look better too, fabinho is helping at the back alot- it's not just about individuals, I love this team

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He was out enough and we still won the league

noone is bigger than the team, that includes henderson

Wouldn't of done as good if salah was injured as much..

And I think most teams would miss there captain
    We did he was good before Klopp came I think without his red card against City we may have won it that year he was brilliant that year.

Suarez was the king that season and imo for that 12-18 months was the best in the world.

Yes we would miss Salah or Mane loads I agree.

I responded to Fab and Gini being WC not my words btw and I think Hendo is better than both of them....Thiago is obviously class but he has played 2 games.

Hendo might struggle in Italy with a slow game but I can spin that and say some struggle with the pace of the game here.

We did he was good before Klopp came I think without his red card against City we may have won it that year he was brilliant that year.

Suarez was the king that season and imo for that 12-18 months was the best in the world.

I responded to Fab and Gini being WC not my words btw and I think Hendo is better than both of them....Thiago is obviously class but he has played 2 games.

Hendo might struggle in Italy with a slow game but I can spin that and say some struggle with the pace of the game here.
    Yeah i'm not saying he's average or not important don't get me wrong , I just feel like they all work well together as a unit, I don't think they'd do as good in another team, not just henderson I mean the front 3 too, the other midfielders, etc

Only other team I can think of that's as complete/like ourselves is Bayern who are pretty damn good and fav's for the champions league but they're not that reliant on one player, mind you lewandowski is a beast- but how much does the team help him?, but they lost thiago and still killing it

It's helped the majority of the team have been together for a good while now
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th December 2020 at 05:00 PM.

We were conceding goals all throughout that season, with Henderson in the team, and without him. If he would have played those 3 games he was banned for, i doubt it would have changed anything. Rodgers had a way of playing and fair play to him, though it cost us because we couldn't defend.

Even after all the money spent, man city still seem a team of expensive individuals, but nothing compared to man utd!!

Who's anywhere near as complete as us in this league? - by that I mean playing as a team working for each other, bringing the best out of each other.

Only team I can think of is chelsea, who aren't that close yet- but give it a season or 2

I suppose spurs could be?? they seem to do good together, and on paper they've got a weaker squad compared to man city/ man utd- but they could do with a few more players- I think mourinho is bringing out the best in em though even if it's shithouse football

Even up in scotland, it's the same for rangers & gerrard, he's got the best out of them all working as a team, for each other- celtic probably still by far have the better squad due to the money, but gerrard has done wonders, much like klopp has done here

At the moment in spain atletico madrid have always done rather well considering the powers above and money, they do well as a team, they're currently top of the league

real madrid & barcelona are a mess at the moment, no team just individuals once again, real madrid to a lesser extent, i hope atletico carry on and win it.

On a side note Bobby Adekanye remember him? came on for Cadiz against barcelona at the weekend they won 2-1 !! ok only for 10 mins but was surprised to see his name pop up
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th December 2020 at 05:09 PM.