Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One way of playing

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I don't think they'll break 80.
    same they're a few players off imo

think chelsea will finish above, as they have more depth especially going forward

Liverpool
    Man city
    Chelsea
    Spurs

(I hope)

Kane or Son getting injured for more than a couple of games will halt them. Realistically, I don't think they'll sustain a challenge.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

They won't keep winning with a shot a game. That will eventually fail when Kane / Son loses a bit of form. Question is when that will happen. If it's in 2022, they'll be fine.

I recon it'll be towards the end of the winter marathon or just after it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I was looking for a detailed answer on Fabinho.
    For about the 500th time

He is absolutely hopeless at the collective press, as a sitting DM he was fine, asked to play further forward as a CM as the role evolved to under Hendo he is a fish out of water.

The analysis team want a kick up the fucking backside for not highlighting his shortcomings to Jurgen

In the press, on numerous occasions we're attacking, should our attack break down the opposition have the opportunity of a 3v3 with a man on either CB and a man on Fabinho, during his absence this situation frequently occurred AND the midfield 3 were rotating positions in his absence so the man in the position Fabinho is in in this example was Hendo, Milner, Oxlade, Lallana, Gini and not once in that run of games, not a single fucking time did a single one of those players get caught ball watching, get drawn into an attacking position leaving that player so if our attack broke down there was an instant easy transtion and a 3v2, as happened numerous times in the 7-2 v Villa.

Fabinho leaves that man all the fucking time, ALL the fucking time, I've seen him do it about 20 times in only about 5 games, he did it 4 or 5 games in his first game back v Southampton which we won 4-0 in the end, but could easily have lost given the opportunities we presented them with. He did it v Arsenal for their goal, he just does it all the time, he simply can't read the game as a CM and doesn't have the awareness of his reponsibility and that he CANNOT leave that player, not ever, if he does and the play breaks down, it's an easy transition and a 3v2 for the opposition

He is reactive not proactive, in the game v Arsenal for their goal, Gini was high pressing, Fabinho was in the potential 3v3 position as described fully 20 yards away from Gini, Gini misses his tackle, Fabinho has a rush of blood (reactive) charges 20 yards forward leaving his man of the 3 wide open, it goes to him easy, then to the forward, they score. He lets the press get broken all the frickin time

He has absolutely zero of the distribution we need for the kind of service our forwards and full backs thrive on, he can't play a switch, he can't play the ball over the top from deep, he can't play the ball through to release the full back with the ball just in front of them they can run onto. Against Atletico they just let him have the ball, didn't even once try to press him, just marked everyone else and were like "What are YOU going to do" and he did nothing. It was so fucking painful to watch, all the runs and movement from the forwards and full backs that had been there in his absence were all still there and he was just incapable of finding them and giving them the service they needed even once in the entire fucking game.

The team evolved in his absence, we developed a fluid midfield 3 with Gini Hendo and any other that were an actual midfielder, they rotated positions, each covering the No6 position when a player had gone from there to press ahead of them and never once left the opposition player for a transition, whoever found themselves in that position. The former DM role he was bought to play evolved to a CM role, he is NOT a midfielder
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Anyone remember that peach of a ball by fabinho over the top of the defense that led to a goal? a few times he's done this

Or his screamer(s)? good to see wij scoring finally mind! doesn't switch the ball? yes he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpLJiUf41dc&ab_channel=MKcomps02

everything in this video v utd is him I dunno who you're on about poulsen?

you're mad

** Only one game in link, as i'm not posting his youtube highlights as anyone can look good, but they also show what kind of player he is BEAST

Just because you post a wall of shite doesn't mean we're all going to start thinking he's shit, get over henderson and look at other players will you

LFC TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTawf8SdreU&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

Fuck it i'll post that as it's LFC!!! nope never presses, never wins the ball nope

You think brighton would of bossed us in midfield if fabinho was in there? I THINK NOT!! we're soft as fuck in midfield without him there's a reason we won the league by alot last season, fabinho being one of those reasons
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th December 2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The stats you and others have cited around with/without hendo last year essentially boiled down to a few games in the cup for the most part with teams being strongly b sides or sides with no first team players.
    Fabinho at CM after his return Cup Games with B teams

Atletico 1-0
    Watford 3-0
    Atletico 2-3 when we were winning when he was introduced
    Everton 0-0
    UAEFC 4-0
    Burnley 1-1
    Aston Villa 7 (SEVEN) - 2

That is 5 losses and 2 draws in 19 games and THAT is not even close to be good enough, in league games it is 13 points dropped in 17 games, THAT is our record with Fabinho at CM since he came back, you think that's good enough and the lads world class in midfield, knock yourselves out

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fabinho at CM after his return Cup Games with B teams

Atletico 1-0
    Watford 3-0
    Atletico 2-3 when we were winning when he was introduced
    Everton 0-0
    UAEFC 4-0
    Burnley 1-1
    Aston Villa 7 (SEVEN) - 2

That is 5 losses and 2 draws in 19 games and THAT is not even close to be good enough, in league games it is 13 points dropped in 17 games, THAT is our record with Fabinho at CM since he came back, you think that's good enough and the lads world class in midfield, knock yourselves out
    how many of them did loverboy henderson start? i'm sure all them results was fabinho's fault

you should get yourself off to the dr's

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    how many of them did loverboy henderson start? i'm sure all them results was fabinho's fault

you should get yourself off to the dr's
    2 but at RCM not CM so CM lacking distribution and ability in pressing and orchestrating the press as detailed, 1 draw 1 defeat and it is Fabinho's lack of ability at CM we're discussing, and as he doesn't lend himself to a fluid midfield 3 either as all those who played in his absence did, our at RCM you can't affect what he is or isn't doing

The record prior to Fabinho's return with Hendo at CM 15 straight wins in League and Champions League and WCC 11 of those with clean sheets
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 9th December 2020 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Anyone remember that peach of a ball by fabinho over the top of the defense that led to a goal? a few times he's done this

Or his screamer(s)? good to see wij scoring finally mind! doesn't switch the ball? yes he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpLJiUf41dc&ab_channel=MKcomps02

everything in this video v utd is him I dunno who you're on about poulsen?

you're mad

** Only one game in link, as i'm not posting his youtube highlights as anyone can look good, but they also show what kind of player he is BEAST

Just because you post a wall of shite doesn't mean we're all going to start thinking he's shit, get over henderson and look at other players will you

LFC TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTawf8SdreU&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

Fuck it i'll post that as it's LFC!!! nope never presses, never wins the ball nope

You think brighton would of bossed us in midfield if fabinho was in there? I THINK NOT!! we're soft as fuck in midfield without him there's a reason we won the league by alot last season, fabinho being one of those reasons
    Villa 7-2 Napoli 2-0 Atletico 1-0 Watford 3-0 UAE FC 4-0 The Bitters 0-0 Burnley 1-1 (the only homel eague game we failed to win last season) all with Fabinho at CM yeah i'm sooo sure Brighton wouldn't have bossed us, stop living in the first half of the 18/19 season you muppet

Henderson is underrated but not worldclass.

World class by definition is...

Souness
    Iniesta
    Xavi
    Zidane
    Pirlo
    Zico
    Socrates
    Matthaüs
    Seedorf

Hendo is a great midfielder for the type of pressing 433 modern football, and klopp's ethos.

Possibly a future legend captain; EPL EC and WCC winner.

Not bad for someone who struggled for his first 5 years at a big club, and almost left for Fulham.