Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Midtjylland v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Keita shoots straight at the keeper. Either side and it would have been 2-0.

Not a bad first half considering there is sweet fa on the line.

The official club Twitter account puts the Salah goal record debate to bed with a tweet hailing him as all-time CL leading scorer now with 22 to Gerrard's 21

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1336741451812786179
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

half time, should have more goals they will come in the second half
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Right let’s get Salah and Jota wrapped in cotton wool. Pleasantly surprised that Keita has survived 45 minutes.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I did too, but the commentators mentioned it how they're outside, and you're right they're really loud because you can hear them singing again.

I don't know how it's working with social distancing rules in Denmark with the COVID and all, but.......good one, Danes.

Great hosts.
    It's like a home game, almost.
    It often is like that when we play anywhere in Scandinavia.

Ajax 0-0 Atalanta HT

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Right let’s get Salah and Jota wrapped in cotton wool. Pleasantly surprised that Keita has survived 45 minutes.
    That's it. It's now nailed on that he'll go down at some point in the second half and it's going to be all your fault! +

HT 1-0

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic as ever and make sure we're A LOT better second half, I expect we'll likely see Billy for Fab, Mane for Mo, Bobby for Origi, Williams for Trent and Jones for Kieta at some point

I am very interested to see Mane Bobby Jota again, Jota likes to drop off, it doesn't really work on our left for me, but when he played on our right it worked a treat, like to see Jota smarten up his passing, he's flunked every chance he's had to put a player through so far in his Liverpool career, except for when he released Bobby who absolutely should have scored
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

With regard to Minamino, I think he was one of those signings that happen sometimes when a player has an outstanding game against us, it makes the manager see more in him than is often there. So Minamino was great against us in the CL. Jota also played really well against us i remember. But if we are scouting properly, and i believe we have great scouting system, then how they played against us shouldn't matter. But we all remember Klopps face on the touchline when Minamino scored that goal at the anfield road end.
    Going back, i think Rafa got Peter Crouch in on the back of a great game against us for Southampton.
    and going back even further (one for the kids) I remember Graeme Souness gave one of his best most terrifying performances for Middlesboro against us.. a week later he was a Liverpool player. So sometimes it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    HT 1-0

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic as ever and make sure we're A LOT better second half, I expect we'll likely see Billy for Fab, Mane for Mo, Bobby for Origi, Williams for Trent and Jones for Kieta at some point

I am very interested to see Mane Bobby Jota again, Jota likes to drop off, it doesn't really work on our left for me, but when he played on our right it worked a treat, like to see Jota smarten up his passing, he's flunked every chance he's had to put a player through so far in his Liverpool career, except for when he released Bobby who absolutely should have scored
    Jota is getting a bit of a kicking, I hope he gets rested second half. I imagine if Billy comes on he wouldn't play with Rhys williams but with either Fab or Matip to talk him through it.