Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brazil.

Brazil.

I'm just watching a BBC programme about Braziland Argentina and the involvement of politics in the 70 and 78 world cups.
    It's got me thinking about Brazil. By the time the next world cup comes around they wont have won a world cup for 20 years and dont look likely to soon.
    Why dont Brazil produce the type of squads they were so used to? Is it because of their economy becoming so large, is it due to the consumer world we live in and the poverty stricken streets that used to produce footballers now using football as an outlet less and less?
    Aside from Neymar who's the next superstar? There just doesn't seem to be a next gen batch of players from them. I dont see a south American team winning the world cup anytime soon really.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

I think the pace of the game plays a big part it in. Players are unbelievably fit now. Secondly the low block has become a massive part of the oppositions armoury. Brazils style of football gets swamped they don't get the time on the ball like they use to..
    In the past Eventually they would tire teams down with the passing ability. But not so now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Growing up there was the great mystery and flair of the Brazilian footballers . sadly for kids nowadays they see the star players week in week out so they're nothing special come the world cup.
    As for Superstars, Big Ali is good enough for me.!!

oh and Fabinho 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah. Pity about Bobby...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yeah. Pity about Bobby...
    The 2 forum whipping boys 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think the pace of the game plays a big part it in. Players are unbelievably fit now. Secondly the low block has become a massive part of the oppositions armoury. Brazils style of football gets swamped they don't get the time on the ball like they use to..
    In the past Eventually they would tire teams down with the passing ability. But not so now.
    Good points. Funny you mention fitness, that documentary says that the Brazil side in 66 were not equipped well enough physically so there was total focus on fitness for the 1970 one which they obviously blitzed.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Growing up there was the great mystery and flair of the Brazilian footballers . sadly for kids nowadays they see the star players week in week out so they're nothing special come the world cup.
    As for Superstars, Big Ali is good enough for me.!!
    Definitely a superstar our Ali. I mean I terms of their next poster boy. I thought that Vinicius lad at Real might have been one but I dont think he looks in the same league as Neymar (and I dont rate him as much as most).

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The 2 forum whipping boys ����
    Not really - just 19x's obsession with Hendo at DM and Kev's perception that a lot of us think Bobby can do no wrong. I mean Kev's wasn't particularly eloquev or kevel-headed when he brought it up, but I think he's made some good points along the way. It's not it a kevative way he means it, rather he's trying to be kevstructive and posikev about how the team can do better.

As for 19x... I'm not starting that fire.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Not really - just 19x's obsession with Hendo at DM and Kev's perception that a lot of us think Bobby can do no wrong. I mean Kev's wasn't particularly eloquev or kevel-headed when he brought it up, but I think he's made some good points along the way. It's not it a kevative way he means it, rather he's trying to be kevstructive and posikev about how the team can do better.

As for 19x... I'm not starting that fire.
    Both are definitely on the wind up, which I like. It gets people talking.
    Also, neither get nasty about it which is also a plus. Two good lads.