Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new young managers (EX footballers)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I wonder if more people on here would want pep lindjers over gerrard as a next manager.

Dont see how people could take that view when pep hasn't been out on his own yet really.
    When Klopp goes, there will be plenty of managers with more experience than those two who would want the job. I wouldn't want Pep Lindjers near it either.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Still waiting for Carragher to come and rescue us as promised by some online experts back in the day.

Solskjaer and Arteta seemed to do well at first. Lampard is doing okay. Scott Parker is doing a good job obviously.

Which is why I emphasised Gerrard’s Europa record, way better than Rodgers with a much better squad.

Big Sam doesn't like this

Bit surprised about the negativity around Pep Lijnders. Not only have we had great success with him and Klopp, but also the playing style is fantastic and exciting, so you would get that continuity of style. I think he would or should definitely be given the opportunity to see how he does. Think he is pretty good at man management too.
    I would be wary of getting Gerrard in too soon until he has shown what he can do in a more difficult league. I think the Championship is a much more testing league than the Scottish prem. Would you want a Championship manager coming in because he had done well in that league?
    Somewhere down the line i think we might see Xabi Alonso or even Mascherano (or both together!)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    When Klopp goes, there will be plenty of managers with more experience than those two who would want the job. I wouldn't want Pep Lindjers near it either.
    Why wouldn't you want Lindjers?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Why wouldn't you want Lindjers?
    Because good assistants don't always make good managers and i wouldn't risk him. In any case, he may want to follow Klopp in his next job.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Gerrard & Linders

Arteta going to end up in the championship at this rate

or norway

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yep.

Someone like Nagelsmann or "the next" top Manager will be available.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay