Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

Your team v Tottenham

............................Alisson

Williams...Henderson...Fabinho..Robertson

.........................Wijnaldum

......................Ox.........Jones

...Salah..............Minamino..........Mane

Feel Minamino put a shift in today. Would like Ox to get 45 minutes and then we will see.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Minamino looked good because he did more running and closing down than most of them did in 90 minutes. Zero end product though unfortunately

WHY Henderson in defence when we have Philips??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

might aswell throw in the towel with that midfield

not like ox is going to be 100% at it after being out for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    ............................Alisson

Williams...Henderson...Fabinho..Robertson

.........................Wijnaldum

......................Ox.........Jones

...Salah..............Minamino..........Mane

Feel Minamino put a shift in today. Would like Ox to get 45 minutes and then we will see.
    And some of you are crying ,we're shite. Just look at that line up compared to our first XI last season. It is what it is, we're scraping by and still joint top. It could be a hell of a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    And some of you are crying ,we're shite. Just look at that line up compared to our first XI last season. It is what it is, we're scraping by and still joint top. It could be a hell of a lot worse.
    give it time

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Minamino looked good because he did more running and closing down than most of them did in 90 minutes. Zero end product though unfortunately
    I think Minamino has the capacity to assist someone in a tight space.

I also want to see a match where Ox, Keita, Firmino and Minamino are on the pitch simultaneously some time this season with focus on give-and-go footie over the crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Minamino has the capacity to assist someone in a tight space.

I also want to see a match where Ox, Keita, Firmino and Minamino are on the pitch simultaneously some time this season with focus on give-and-go footie over the crosses.
    I don't often post on these threads Sid, but this game is really interesting. Both teams have dropped points today. i think our team won't be soporific like they were for 45 minutes today. But most of all i have to think back to that unfortunately famous game, the slippy goal that Chelsea fans love to go on about.
    I remember Gary Neville did a 20 minute analysis of Mourinho's tactics that day. He was gobsmacked and so was I.
    It was the most extreme Mourinho performance ever. Chelsea with no chance of winning the league, nevertheless wanted to spoil the party. They time wasted really obviously and intentionally from the first minute. Also Neville pointed out that from throw ins Chelsea would always throw the ball further down the line rather than infield. This was to create more throw ins and waste more time, and also prevent us from breaking on them in the middle of the park.
    At one point Suarez even asked Willian why they were playing in this ridiculous manner, and he told him, if we don't we will be dropped.
    So I am expecting a similar approach from Mourinho mid week. At all costs don't lose.
    Of course this is Jurgen Klopp, not Brendan Rodgers. So we will see.
    It's Spurs, its the kop, its Mourinho, its a top of the table clash. tasty.

Alisson
    Alexander-Arnold
    Phillips
    Fabinho
    Robertson
    Jones
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum
    Salah
    Firmino
    Mane.

No messing about with taking players out of their comfort zone.
    Last edited by skyebo; 13th December 2020 at 08:20 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I don't often post on these threads Sid, but this game is really interesting. Both teams have dropped points today. i think our team won't be soporific like they were for 45 minutes today. But most of all i have to think back to that unfortunately famous game, the slippy goal that Chelsea fans love to go on about.
    I remember Gary Neville did a 20 minute analysis of Mourinho's tactics that day. He was gobsmacked and so was I.
    It was the most extreme Mourinho performance ever. Chelsea with no chance of winning the league, nevertheless wanted to spoil the party. They time wasted really obviously and intentionally from the first minute. Also Neville pointed out that from throw ins Chelsea would always throw the ball further down the line rather than infield. This was to create more throw ins and waste more time, and also prevent us from breaking on them in the middle of the park.
    At one point Suarez even asked Willian why they were playing in this ridiculous manner, and he told him, if we don't we will be dropped.
    So I am expecting a similar approach from Mourinho mid week. At all costs don't lose.
    Of course this is Jurgen Klopp, not Brendan Rodgers. So we will see.
    It's Spurs, its the kop, its Mourinho, its a top of the table clash. tasty.
    And there is the unbeaten home record. It is all set up nicely for mourinho to be the one to break the record and out spurs in front for the title.

After tonight and the injuries, I'm jot looking forward to it. But it's at times like this that this team pull out a top performance. However, with all the injuries I don't see it.