Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

Yes but we were never going to lose that final. After the heartbreak of the year before, the players were so up for it. After that game against Barca. I never doubted we would win the final. The Spurs comeback against Ajax was more jammy than heroic, unlike ours against Barca. I was as confident going into that final as I was in the penalty shootout in Istanbul.
    I am not going to say that they won't win the league this year, I think there are four or five teams that can, but I do think they have a mentality problem. Also despite them buying a new stadium, I think their owner is a bit reluctant to stick his hand into his pocket.

Edit Just to say this is a reply to Steveo further up the thread when he said that if they had won the CL against us it all would be different
    Last edited by faridtoxteth; 16th December 2020 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    City cunt needs a design to get out of a wet paper bag !!
    Soft southern fairy sorts lack the brute force to just punch through !!
    That's correct

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Yes but we were never going to lose that final. After the heartbreak of the year before, the players were so up for it. After that game against Barca. I never doubted we would win the final. The Spurs comeback against Ajax was more jammy than heroic, unlike ours against Barca. I was as confident going into that final as I was in the penalty shootout in Istanbul.
    I am not going to say that they won't win the league this year, I think there are four or five teams that can, but I do think they have a mentality problem. Also despite them buying a new stadium, I think their owner is a bit reluctant to stick his hand into his pocket.

Edit Just to say this is a reply to Steveo further up the thread when he said that if they had won the CL against us it all would be different
    Not sure any game falls into the category of "never going to lose. Were Spurs any more fortunate to beat Ajax than we were to take out Barca 4:0..??? Not sure how that could be measured.

I get what you are saying from our own ( LFC fans ) belief perspective after Kiev - but it's 11 v 11 - the whistle blows and the game begins..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not sure any game falls into the category of "never going to lose. Were Spurs any more fortunate to beat Ajax than we were to take out Barca 4:0..??? Not sure how that could be measured.

I get what you are saying from our own ( LFC fans ) belief perspective after Kiev - but it's 11 v 11 - the whistle blows and the game begins..
    You are right of course, that it is kind of ridiculous to suggest a 'never going to lose ' scenario. And we have been burned so many times over the years. But there have very very occasionally been games, or even moments in games when it seemed certain we would win. Like the Jertzy Dudek double save moment. And at half time against Olympiakos when we were losing, I just felt sure.
    I also think Spurs didn't think they were going to win that final. Hoped..but that is not believing.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    You are right of course, that it is kind of ridiculous to suggest a 'never going to lose ' scenario. And we have been burned so many times over the years. But there have very very occasionally been games, or even moments in games when it seemed certain we would win. Like the Jertzy Dudek double save moment. And at half time against Olympiakos when we were losing, I just felt sure.
    I also think Spurs didn't think they were going to win that final. Hoped..but that is not believing.
    Spurs were up against it from the moment they went behind early on. They also knew we were a better team than them, and after what happened the year before, we were'nt losing two in a row.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Looking back at that night in Madrid, Us Reds were there to see our team lift the cup .Spurs fans were just glad to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Looking back at that night in Madrid, Us Reds were there to see our team lift the cup .Spurs fans were just glad to be there.
    Agree Ian.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yes that kind of says it.
    Do you think players sometimes think they are going in to a game they are not going to win?
    We don't. That is what Klopp has built, more than any system or tactical approach.
    Under Hodgson for example, you were always expecting the worst.

Are Sky showing this game ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Are Sky showing this game ?
    Amazon only