Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

You know I'm with you on the whole "taking them seriously and don't tempt fate" topic. Probably more than most.

You're just worrying yourself too much - with the doom and gloom. Same with Ole when he had his purple patch, same when Buvac left.

It'll likely be fine in the end. History suggests they'll disintegrate around Christmas next year (although I don't think Mou will be fired next season under basically any circumstances. And if they don't... well shite happens. Might as well laugh at it.

Teams come and teams go. Looks like Arsenal might spend some time in the middle of the table, Spurs will go a bit up. In a few years it will be our turn to start fighting for top four rather than titles. These things happen to everyone (unless they have infinite money). I wouldn't worry too much about Spurs - at the end of the day there's only ever going to be three-four potential title winning teams in the division at the same time - for a while now it looks like it's been us + City, time for someone else to step up.

Maybe Mou still has enough mojo left to make Spurs that third one but it's faaaar too early to tell.

We should be worried about United, not Spurs. They actually have infinite money, unlike Spurs who will be facing some unique challenges with their debt in these covidtastic times.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Don't be so fearful, Steveo. Three weeks ago Chelsea were looking like the real deal. A few weeks before that it was Everton.

Too early to say they've even been in the same galaxy as a genuine title challenge.

Edit: I mean this year.
    I think W.ham are going to beat Chelsea this weekend.

Klopp was saying how everyone plays LFC like its a cup final. He mentioned how Newcastle played like that in a dead rubber basically has they were safe in the league.
    I will be interested to see how they approach the fixtures.. They have Man-city away then us 4 days later (we get the 3 because BT and SKY are trying to fuck us over). But i will be interested to see how Newcastle approach both games. Whether the rest players for the Man-city and focus solely on LFC.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

@ Bali, you are right off course - but I am a glass half empty kinda guy sadly. I wish I could have Sids positivity and seeming assuredness but don’t.

I also realise that the talk about tempting fate and jinxing is most likely phantom superstitious mumbo jumbo BUT I am afflicted.

I also find the more negative I am the more we win. The moment I start predicting future success or big wins - it all goes tits up. Hence I am very nervous when I see it put forward by another.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @ Bali, you are right off course - but I am a glass half empty kinda guy sadly. I wish I could have Sids positivity and seeming assuredness but don’t.

I also realise that the talk about tempting fate and jinxing is most likely phantom superstitious mumbo jumbo BUT I am afflicted.

I also find the more negative I am the more we win. The moment I start predicting future success or big wins - it all goes tits up. Hence I am very nervous when I see it put forward by another.
    Don't torture yourself Steveo (easier said than done, I know) as it's a waste of your own energy and good form.

I assure you that there are elements of my life where I would catastrophise for years - and still do a bit - but I have gotten more and more positive/relaxed as time goes on.

The entire being on the Planet and enduring the human condition thing is such a wild experience. Football is escapism for me and should be for others. The fact of the matter is that hundreds of thousands of fans think the way I do about Spurs and hundreds of thousands more fans think the way you do about Spurs. To stress on who is possibly jinxing things or who is right/wrong is fairly pointless.

The future is a Wealth of possibilities. Time provides opportunity. Spurs probably win the Champion's League or the League one day because they are a well-enough run Club, granted, but that could be 10-30 years from now, or could even be longer.

Maybe they win Big Ears, which is a knockout competition of course (so anything can happen) in, say, 4 years. We going to revisit this thread about it? Nah.

Worry about one side. Us. We're well-run. We have plenty of senior talent, talent in the "middle" age-range and plenty of Youth coming through. By the time Klopp leaves (still 3 more full seasons if he does the whole contract) we will be in a good position for whoever takes over.

We all die one day - Spurs are the least of our worries. They might win the Title this season and set themselves up for a better year next year. Or they might finish outside the Top Four, miss out on the money they need and be forced to sell a decent player, setting their progress back.

Let it all play out. We'll be taking care of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Fair enough mate, I can see your point. Just try to enjoy it and take a more philosophical look - success comes, success goes. Teams come, teams go.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Forum award categories...

1For over swimming in the pool of toxic positivity
    2The grinch of tempting fate & 3forum youtuber of the year

Hm, @justin should do them again at some point, no?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Here, Steveo, has today against Palace helped?

Marginally Sid.. We got lucky today.. Lucky 7..