Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    WHY Henderson in defence when we have Philips??
    I trust Henderson more against Kane/Son, plus I trust Hendo in terms of distribution from deep. I'd rather play a centre-back than pull Henderson into that slot, but also believe in horses-for-courses.

I'd rather Henderson than Phillips for this game. We will have a lot of the ball and having someone who can distribute from deep may get us out of jail a few times over the match, plus help us to pin them back a bit.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I trust Henderson more against Kane/Son, plus I trust Hendo in terms of distribution from deep. I'd rather play a centre-back than pull Henderson into that slot, but also believe in horses-for-courses.

I'd rather Henderson than Phillips for this game. We will have a lot of the ball and having someone who can distribute from deep may get us out of jail a few times over the match, plus help us to pin them back a bit.
    We may need to defend deeper given the pace spurs have.

Alisson
    Trent
    Matip (going by Hendo/Klopp comments)
    Fabinho
    Robbo
    Gini
    Hendo
    Jones
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino/Origi/Minamino (take your pick)

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    We may need to defend deeper given the pace spurs have.
    We might, but Maureen might go for his #stunningandbrave 6-3-1 again in which case we have to take the calculated risk of pinning them in. We won't get many opportunities on the counter ourselves against a Mourinho set-up (if we get even one I'd be surprised) so we probably have to push them back. It's a game that would have been tailor-made for Thiago but sadly we must make-do.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Alisson
    Trent
    Matip (going by Hendo/Klopp comments)
    Fabinho
    Robbo
    Gini
    Hendo
    Jones
    Salah
    Mane
    Firmino/Origi/Minamino (take your pick)
    If Keita has recovered from his Illness, I would go in with him and play Jones further forward.. Henderson Wijanldum and Keita is a solid 3.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Alisson

Trent Matip/Philips Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Play Gini RCM to help with Son and Kane as that's mostly the area both like to occupy, try and play Bobby into form and Mane and Mo. be direct, play the switches and attempted balls over the top, set up a lot better to win second balls, balls from both full backs in early and a fair few from deeper, through the channel behind their CB's towards the penalty spot and far post over over the first CB to the same area.

It should be out to one flank, back into the centre and immediate switch or attempted ball over the top, or out to the full back and immediate switch to the opposite flank or ball played in early from deep, need to move it and do it all quicker as we've lost our way with these things a little with the change and players having to think about it, when the prior 2 seasons it was automatic and done seemlessly without thinking

Get the win and another vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If Keita has recovered from his Illness, I would go in with him and play Jones further forward.. Henderson Wijanldum and Keita is a solid 3.
    Speaking of illness, Bale was sick, but Mourinho thinks he will be ready for Wednesday.

That's a potential problem for us.

Whoever is 'fit' and half decent.

If Matip is fit Fab and Matip at the back. Hendo Gini, Ox/Keita midfield. Salah Mane Jones in attack. Play a diamond with Jones at the spear. Allow Salah and Mane to drift between 9/10 and their normal wf positions.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    If Matip is fit Fab and Matip at the back. Hendo Gini, Ox/Keita midfield. Salah Mane Jones in attack. Play a diamond with Jones at the spear. Allow Salah and Mane to drift between 9/10 and their normal wf positions.
    Thing with Spurs is they play quite deep, try to counter and pack the centre and bolster their flanks with their supposed wide forwards defending a lot
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”