Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

They certainly are, Steveo, which is why I said they're so well run. But going from where they are now to where you fear they might end up is no mean feat with their debt.

Still, they're in a better position than most to do so.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Until Spurs start winning triohies they will always look up to us.

They might have more money and bigger staduim but that wont be trophies in the cabinet.

They have a good squad now and a manager who has a great cv but would I swap with them hell no.

We should really be 4 points clear of em and lets not pretend VAR hasnt screwed us about time we got one and tonight is that time.

I don't think the trophies matter that much in this context LEGS. It's about sustainably being there or thereabouts and not necessarily winning stuff. Trophies will inevitably come if you continuously put yourself in the right position. That's the hard part.

Most charts I've seen show Spurs somwwhere between the likes of us and the likes of West Ham. They're farther along their journey to greatness than those bellow them but still have some catching up to do with those above. We'll see if they can keep this together, especially after the likes of Kane leave.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

How long will Harry Kane stick around for if Spurs don't win something this season? True they will be thereabouts for the foreseeable future and when Klopp leaves we could be in trouble but that won't happen until 2024 so let's enjoy the ride until then...

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    it's going to be a long old season, but if we stay around the top come March time Our big guns will get us over the line.
    You don't win the league at Christmas, We've been told that often enough.
    say that again, remember when we was 7 ahead at christmas?? not that long ago!

How many last season was we ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    say that again, remember when we was 7 ahead at christmas?? not that long ago!

How many last season was we ahead?
    We were but didnt City have a game in hand which they won so in reality 4 points.

Then biscuit wrists let one in from 700 yards which we lost 2-1 at City.

This season reminds me of the season Leicester won it there is no real outstanding team this season and its open as it stands.

Don’t know about that Legs, if we win tonight we go 3 points clear, having had 4 points stolen from us. And that with far more key players missing than any of our rivals. I would suggest we are still the team to beat.

Tottenham have been playing at the top of their game. We've been crippled by injury and have not really got going this season. Therein lies the difference. If we were anywhere near our best with a fully fit squad - we'd be walking this league again.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t know about that Legs, if we win tonight we go 3 points clear, having had 4 points stolen from us. And that with far more key players missing than any of our rivals. I would suggest we are still the team to beat.
    We are very much the team to beat and have coped very well considering the injuries and poor decisions - don't think anyone would argue different.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It a good forum but full of country bumpkins. : most of you couldn’t design your way out of a paper bag.

City cunt needs a design to get out of a wet paper bag !!
    Soft southern fairy sorts lack the brute force to just punch through !!