Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The best advice would be for him to stay off social media. There's a few fucking headers knocking about it !!
    Absolute cess-pit.

Couple of the United players were subjected to racist comments recently. There's a "right" way to hate that club and racism is most certainly not it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolute cess-pit.

Couple of the United players were subjected to racist comments recently. There's a "right" way to hate that club and racism is most certainly not it.
    Well said Sid.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolute cess-pit.

It is truly appalling and unacceptable, the filthy's casual, 'when it suits them' approach to racism that we saw with the Cavani episode really doesn't help anyone either, after everything that has happened their stance on Cavani should have been he should face the same ban as Suarez did for the same offence, clearly outlining it is not acceptable anywhere or in any shape or form
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It is truly appalling and unacceptable, the filthy's casual, 'when it suits them' approach to racism that we saw with the Cavani episode really doesn't help anyone either, after everything that has happened their stance on Cavani should have been he should face the same ban as Suarez did for the same offence, clearly outlining it is not acceptable anywhere or in any shape or form
    I'd need to run over what went on again and the context / interpreted mood within the scenario to add an opinion on that to be Honest - what I would say though is that a clamour from our fans for some sort of equity in terms of the punishment could, however well-intentioned, come across a little "we faced this, they should face the same" and subsequently project an idea that we cared more about that than the abuse suffered by individuals - I'd certainly find it an incredibly delicate discussion if I was in company and that was bandied around the table.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Well I thought was great today and did enough to stay on .He looked our only creative player in midfield which lets be honest wouldn't be hard.

Agree, strange decision.....

Let's maybe not overhype him and when he starts actually delivering something like Foden, which Foden did in his limited appearances for 2 seasons, then we can maybe have a Curtis Jones thread that will be worth having
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Foden has had 60 premier league games over 4 seasons. Curtis has had 22 over 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's maybe not overhype him and when he starts actually delivering something like Foden, which Foden did in his limited appearances for 2 seasons, then we can maybe have a Curtis Jones thread that will be worth having
    So we can’t have a thread for a first team player unless he’s as good as maybe the best young player in the world. Rightio

What we say on here has no bearing on anything. No problem in saying he’s coming along very nicely. His end product will improve as he feels more at home in the starting 11. He has the ability, no doubt.