Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Curtis Jones

He's better than milner now anyway

I thought he played well today, was surprised when he came off.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's maybe not overhype him and when he starts actually delivering something like Foden, which Foden did in his limited appearances for 2 seasons, then we can maybe have a Curtis Jones thread that will be worth having
    But he was one of the better midfielders today. Taking him off was strange.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    But he was one of the better midfielders today. Taking him off was strange.
    Strange sums up a great many of Jurgen's decisions this season, taking him off to bring Kabak on and move Hendo to CM for greater ability in our press and counter press and in being direct would have been the change most of us had expected, taking him off for Milner when he'd be otherwise having one of his best games for us so far was incredibly odd, as was switching to a 442 in the first game against then and moving Mane who is one of the leagues best forwards to LM and pushing Jota who started at RM up top when he has considerably greater experience of playing at LM than Mane as he frequently spent most of his games for Wolves in that area because they played on the counter, which would seem absolutely perfect for the formation change he made in that game v City
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Strange sums up a great many of Jurgen's decisions this season, taking him off to bring Kabak on and move Hendo to CM for greater ability in our press and counter press and in being direct would have been the change most of us had expected, taking him off for Milner when he'd be otherwise having one of his best games for us so far was incredibly odd, as was switching to a 442 in the first game against then and moving Mane who is one of the leagues best forwards to LM and pushing Jota who started at RM up top when he has considerably greater experience of playing at LM than Mane as he frequently spent most of his games for Wolves in that area because they played on the counter, which would seem absolutely perfect for the formation change he made in that game v City
    Agreed, many strange decisions this year.
    Hopefully things settle down a little now and we get the cb playing and the midfielders back into midfield.

Hoping he doesn't change too much from the tried and tested for the Leicester game.

Agreed, many strange decisions this year.
    Hopefully things settle down a little now and we get the cb playing and the midfielders back into midfield.

Hoping he doesn't change too much from the tried and tested for the Leicester game.
    Press Leicester's midfield so none of them get on the ball and they can't get out of their own half you mean?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Press Leicester's midfield so none of them get on the ball and they can't get out of their own half you mean?
    Pretty much. We have really gone away from that. I'm thinking our style ahs slowed due to the number of games we had this year. Is klopp trying to compensate for that (on top of injuries). We have been so slow this year in moving the ball.

Pretty much. We have really gone away from that. I'm thinking our style ahs slowed due to the number of games we had this year. Is klopp trying to compensate for that (on top of injuries). We have been so slow this year in moving the ball.
    I did think it was tactical for the first part of the season. There was a stat showing that we (and a lot of other clubs tbf) have pressed a lot less this season.

I thought with the lack of pre season and the truncated season, that Klopp was trying to save legs for the latter half of the season.

But it just hasn't happened at all. I thought we'd go out and smother City last night, be right on top of them from the first whistle but we were as passive as we have been all season and this was pretty much last chance saloon situation.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I did think it was tactical for the first part of the season. There was a stat showing that we (and a lot of other clubs tbf) have pressed a lot less this season.

I thought with the lack of pre season and the truncated season, that Klopp was trying to save legs for the latter half of the season.

But it just hasn't happened at all. I thought we'd go out and smother City last night, be right on top of them from the first whistle but we were as passive as we have been all season and this was pretty much last chance saloon situation.
    That was my line of thinking. Preserve energy for the 2nd half of the season. But it looks like the lads are physically tired.

That's why I found it strange taking off Jones. He was showing plenty of energy and drive.