Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Midfield

klopp likes a small squad with players who can play multiple positions in some cases.

as good as guys like keita and ox can be, constanf injuries are no good to us.

keita was needed today to break the bus yet he is out injured again.

total let down after all that excitement of him signing.

i’m gutted we won’t be able to see the triumvirate of fab, hendo and thiago this season unless we sign two centre backs in jan.

if the derby was anything to go by, that 3 in the middle will be a sight to behold. simply awesome.

curtis still plays like an u23 player ; holding on to the ball too long. if he doesn’t improve on that soon where it’s one touch maybe two and bang, forward pass, he won’t last long here.

That holding on to the ball for a touch too long irks me about him too, bk, but Lallana was the same way. And when on song he was excellent (before injuries killed him).
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    That holding on to the ball for a touch too long irks me about him too, bk, but Lallana was the same way. And when on song he was excellent (before injuries killed him).
    Our midfield is still too 'functional' at times. We need to have more options who can offer us some goals, creativity, control and the ability to set the tempo of the game.

Hopefully Thiago (if he's ever fit) will give us some of that, asking for/expecting all of that from just him is asking a bit too much. We need more/better options, and as with our defence, we cannot rely on our youth set up to provide it all. We/FSG need to open up the chequebook and get in some fit, quality, proven options.

Our full backs get to play a lot hight more of the time than any other side instead and neither did enough with that today, i really don't know what's going on with Trent he's been poor for some time for me, seems to have somehow relaxed and less determined and taking far less care and focus with his delivery, even simple rudimentary passes v WBA, all game, hitting them just behind players or too far in front, i expect far better
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But what crazy club will pay good money for a player who is never fit.?

To date a disaster signing in summer 2017... for an arrival date of summer 2018... only to still have barely featured at all - as we enter 2021..!
    No-one will, we'll have to cut our losses. The wages we are paying him Matip, OX Gomez Shaqiri could be spent on players who would actually contribute to the team, and not the treatment table.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Our full backs get to play a lot hight more of the time than any other side instead and neither did enough with that today, i really don't know what's going on with Trent he's been poor for some time for me, seems to have somehow relaxed and less determined and taking far less care and focus with his delivery, even simple rudimentary passes v WBA, all game, hitting them just behind players or too far in front, i expect far better
    Yes he has been off his usual extremely high level game this season

Maybe a lack of preseason preparation.
    The 2 injuries haven't helped.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Trash

Worst performance in midfield i've seen

A repeat of the West Brom game, All 3 were awful.

Steve Bruce was always going to set up his team the same as Allardyce did therefore the midfield should have been set up differently to the West Brom game. Ox should have started over Milner or Jones and Thiago should have been given half an hour

Thiago was awesome