Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Midfield

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    They looked ok against a p.poor Spurs. Against a good, proactive, or defensively solid team, we need more than what our midfield(ers) often offer,
    Agree. We played well tonight but were not playing against a side content with frustrating us and limiting space in their own half.
    We can play well and win against teams like Spurs. Its the other rubbish from the last month where we have come unstuck.
    We are all obviously pleased after tonight but let's wait and see if its a one off first and how the CB situation pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. We played well tonight but were not playing against a side content with frustrating us and limiting space in their own half.
    We can play well and win against teams like Spurs. Its the other rubbish from the last month where we have come unstuck.
    We are all obviously pleased after tonight but let's wait and see if its a one off first and how the CB situation pans out.
    Did you not see last nights game! 5 at the back and two holding midfielders and every man behind the ball. It was the very epitomy of a Mourinho side.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Wijnaldum bashing post ... he had 1 minute of holding the ball Against Spurs and did nothing for 89 minutes to lie stoppage time.

Had one good run against Burnley passing to salah and did nothing the rest of the game. I’m really finding it difficult to see what he provides our midfield. We need better!!

It’s all opinions at the end of the day and he hasn’t been close to his best form of late - but for me he is vital to this team.

We do need to evolve however and perhaps Klopp has accepted he is going - I will lament his departure nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Did you not see last nights game! 5 at the back and two holding midfielders and every man behind the ball. It was the very epitomy of a Mourinho side.
    At times yes there was but it was nowhere near as congested as the last few games. It was quite an open attacking game for a lot of it which suited us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    They looked ok against a p.poor Spurs. Against a good, proactive, or defensively solid team, we need more than what our midfield(ers) often offer,
    I think you need to watch the match again, mate. Spurs defended in numbers all night hoping to hit us on the break. Our midfield got around them quickly and were always looking for the front 3, Something that's been lacking since the New year.
    Personally I thought we were great and could definitely go up a gear at any time, the Liverpool of old if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I think you need to watch the match again, mate. Spurs defended in numbers all night hoping to hit us on the break. Our midfield got around them quickly and were always looking for the front 3, Something that's been lacking since the New year.
    Personally I thought we were great and could definitely go up a gear at any time, the Liverpool of old if you like.
    The team matched the most optimistic prediction made in that thread. Nobody expected better than a 3-1 away win.
    Agree it was a good performance with us creating many chances. Especially after our recent run of performances

Tbf it was only distinguished people of culture and great footballing knowledge who expected this sort of result CC.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Tbf it was only distinguished people of culture and great footballing knowledge who expected this sort of result CC.
    Cultured cnuts seems a bit of a stretch, at most 50% true. The forner lad perhaps, seems a bit posh and etiquetteded

Interesting that the football world and media are lauding Gini for a top performance as a holding midfield, yet apparently he went missing and did nothing for 95 minutes. Lol.