Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Midfield

Some have the own opinions. No LOL about it. In my opinion he does nothing for long periods of the game and one moment of dashing through their midfield doesn’t make him worthy of a starting 11 in my books.

Good riddance if we can buy someone that will actually complement the midfield

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Some have the own opinions. No LOL about it. In my opinion he does nothing for long periods of the game and one moment of dashing through their midfield doesn’t make him worthy of a starting 11 in my books.

Good riddance if we can buy someone that will actually complement the midfield
    He’s not there to dash through a defence. None of our midfield do that. Not their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s not there to dash through a defence. None of our midfield do that. Not their jobs.
    Holding the ball for a minute every game and being absent for the rest isn’t his job either. He doesn’t do enough for me.

Milner was more effective than Wijnaldum yesterday and to be fair has got stuck in every time.

Still not got to play our first choice Thiago Hendo Gini midfield in a single frickin game, Gini was superb last night, too many people don't appreciate what an incredible job he does and how important it is to everything else working at its best
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Still not got to play our first choice Thiago Hendo Gini midfield in a single frickin game, Gini was superb last night, too many people don't appreciate what an incredible job he does and how important it is to everything else working at its best
    Never a great midfield. Thiago , Fabinho, Henderson.
    Get it out of your head that Fabinho will become a partner for VVD. He is best suited as a CDM and protects the defence well

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Holding the ball for a minute every game and being absent for the rest isn’t his job either. He doesn’t do enough for me.

Milner was more effective than Wijnaldum yesterday and to be fair has got stuck in every time.
    I’m not saying I dont wish we had at least 1 more creative type. I feel most of what gini does in a lot of games is filling gaps, pressing at the right time and when in possession moving the ball to the wings or collecting from Bobby and distribution to robbo on the run. It’s not spectacular looking but he doesn’t have the penetration of Henderson with his passing and Milner more of a balls out type player. Gini comes into his own against high quality teams that try to press us. When he’s on it you can’t disposess him. He’s very skilful in little circles.
    He’s not a great long passer or doesn’t have a brilliant shot which if he had either would I think absolve him of a lot of criticism he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’m not saying I dont wish we had at least 1 more creative type. I feel most of what gini does in a lot of games is filling gaps, pressing at the right time and when in possession moving the ball to the wings or collecting from Bobby and distribution to robbo on the run. It’s not spectacular looking but he doesn’t have the penetration of Henderson with his passing and Milner more of a balls out type player. Gini comes into his own against high quality teams that try to press us. When he’s on it you can’t disposess him. He’s very skilful in little circles.
    He’s not a great long passer or doesn’t have a brilliant shot which if he had either would I think absolve him of a lot of criticism he gets.
    I’ll give you the last sentence Eggy. Maybe my criticism of him is harsh, but the amount of times he goes missing is just ridiculous.

Not too fussed about the passing, as he only passes it a few feet ahead of him anyway, but he loses the ball as much as he keeps a hold of it.

Gini is a very good player.

His passing stats are 91% so he doesnt give it away often but he does short passes but its a British thing to say by forcing it you lose the ball.

I mean you have dimwits like O'Hara saying Thiago slows us down and just passes the ball, what does that even mean ?

With covid/shorter season its difficult to play at a high tempo if you are a paid pundit at least do your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Gini is a very good player.

His passing stats are 91% so he doesnt give it away often but he does short passes but its a British thing to say by forcing it you lose the ball.

I mean you have dimwits like O'Hara saying Thiago slows us down and just passes the ball, what does that even mean ?

With covid/shorter season its difficult to play at a high tempo if you are a paid pundit at least do your homework.
    Xavi would have been slated in England in his early career. Doubt he’d have made it

He was missing in action first half without doubt. Both he and Milner in particular were much better second half.
    I hope he stays but its not looking likely, if he goes we need to upgrade on his quality to kick our midfield on. He has been a great servant though.