Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: The Midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Still not got to play our first choice Thiago Hendo Gini midfield in a single frickin game, Gini was superb last night, too many people don't appreciate what an incredible job he does and how important it is to everything else working at its best
    You are going to be very disappointed. Theres no way Fabinho will sit out many games if he's fit.
    As soon as our defence is back he goes back into midfield immediately.
    Its easy to say after we won 3-1 that he was fantastic. Not one person said that half time.

Henderson is 31 in june so there's no guarantee that he will be there long either.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

We need all our midfielders fighting for a midfield place, not playing centrehalf.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We need all our midfielders fighting for a midfield place, not playing centrehalf.
    He had an opportunity last night and for a couple of other games to do that, but chose to play Henderson there instead of a youngster. He had to bring one on in the 2nd half, and although i didn't see the game, we didn't collapse with him in there. Youngsters will make mistakes, but as our form of late suggests, so to do the experienced ones.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Indeed Ian.

Henderson Thiago Gini Fabinho Oxlade Keita Jones Milner

8 players for 3 positions

Great options.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You are going to be very disappointed. Theres no way Fabinho will sit out many games if he's fit.
    As soon as our defence is back he goes back into midfield immediately.
    Its easy to say after we won 3-1 that he was fantastic. Not one person said that half time.
    Well time will tell, all of our best performances this season have come with a fluid 3, when the 3 is rigid it's far easier for park the bus sides to get settled defending a certain way, because of the rigid midfield, it's also far easier for them to set up to counter us off a rigid midfield

For his many other qualities Fab is a DM not a CM and he can't play in a fluid 3

Watching our games with a rigid 3 and a fluid 3 this season has been like watching the first leg v Atletico in which we created nothing and the second leg when we created lots and the wheels came off second leg when we had to make subs that reverted us to a rigid 3
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's really very simple, the fluid three's movement and players with different skill sets arriving in all sorts of different positions creates the stimulus and variety of movement and opportunities for our forwards and full backs, who in turn then offer greater variety of movement which creates all kinds of opportunities to create and score and prevents ptb sides get settled defending the same threats from the same players in the same areas

If you play a rigid 3 it makes our full backs and forwards more rigid

It's obvious, it's not rocket science
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Aah right - I get it now too.

QUICK...can someone get a message through to Klopp?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well time will tell, all of our best performances this season have come with a fluid 3, when the 3 is rigid it's far easier for park the bus sides to get settled defending a certain way, because of the rigid midfield, it's also far easier for them to set up to counter us off a rigid midfield

For his many other qualities Fab is a DM not a CM and he can't play in a fluid 3

Watching our games with a rigid 3 and a fluid 3 this season has been like watching the first leg v Atletico in which we created nothing and the second leg when we created lots and the wheels came off second leg when we had to make subs that reverted us to a rigid 3
    For someone who loved Lucas it's baffles me why you seem to have such a dislike for the fabulous one. Fab is twice the player Lucas ever was .