Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 26/12/20

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Main thing about the frustrating draws is that they aren't losses.

Points are being dropped all over the place this season. By everyone. I'd like City to slip up a result or two soon as they are hardly conceding any goals at all right now but beyond that I have few concerns about other sides in terms of being "rivals" for a Title challenge.

Can all change quickly in either direction, but still quietly confident.
    I'm not anymore tbh, I think city will click soon, they've not been playing that well and solid at the back, if they can click upfront they've won it unless corona takes it's toll on the players.

especially as we can't beat the likes of WBA or have no plan B, with all the injury's we've got

game v wba basically showed where we need to improve, player wise too.

Think alot is counting on the january window too, now matip is out

I feel like we've missed our chance for a big gap already which could prove costly but on a positive jota and thiago will be back soonish, Ox is back.... hopefully matip isn't out for long

etc.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th December 2020 at 06:37 PM.

It's better to win two games and lose one than it is to win one, draw two and remain unbeaten.

Our trouble is that we are still relying far too much on our front three for our goals and creativity. We need to be getting more from our midfield, which offers 'functionality' and solidity more than anything else, but when facing teams that are resolute they need to be able to come up with a goal or a defence splitting pass and the like.

Speaking of which - watching Chelsea v Villa...

Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    It's better to win two games and lose one than it is to win one, draw two and remain unbeaten.

Our trouble is that we are still relying far too much on our front three for our goals and creativity. We need to be getting more from our midfield, which offers 'functionality' and solidity more than anything else, but when facing teams that are resolute they need to be able to come up with a goal or a defence splitting pass and the like.
    I've been saying that for 5 years.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

5 minutes gone and Jack has already had a decent strike on goal BUT has also thrown himself to the floor twice!!. Needs to cut that shite out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Speaking of which - watching Chelsea v Villa...

Grealish
    I'm always wary when it comes to English/British 'flair' players, as they often have spells of looking great in between spells of going awol. Then you've got to take into account their 'off the pitch' activities. I'm not sure he's a Klopp kind of player/individual.

Also for the amount we would be required to pay (one that FSG never would), I'd expect an English Maradona.

How do UAE FC get to postpone their game? They should have had to play with the players who weren't self isolating, we've had to play all season without several of our players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Me too Noods... but Jack does look a special talent regardless of nationality.

As Pulisic makes a rapier like run clean through the Villa defence but misses the target completely...!!

Great run but HAS to score from there...!

Is there a bigger cheat in the game than Grealish? 3 times already hes run into the opponent and fallen down..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    How do UAE FC get to postpone their game? They should have had to play with the players who weren't self isolating, we've had to play all season without several of our players
    Due to the amount I guess

won't be 1 or 2