Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 26/12/20

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Our game against them coming up will be huge.

Probably one of the biggest between our two sides in recent years.

I hope we can find our shooting boots long before then as I really don't want to lose our unbeaten streak to these scum.
    Given they like to play on the counter, combined with us losing players (notably at the back) at a rate of knots, there is a good chance we'll come unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Played his part in giving away the goal with a nothing ball down the line straight to a united player.
    It happened long after I typed that quote, to be fair.
    And he had already run out of gas by then.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

They were at crisis point a few weeks back. They'll be there again at some point.
    Personally don't see how they can win the league with that back 4. Might rsound arrogant but I'm not one bit worried about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It happened long after I typed that quote, to be fair.
    And he had already run out of gas by then.
    True 😊 he was down stretching the calfs about 5 mins before.

That was the time for a long ball over the top into the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They were at crisis point a few weeks back. They'll be there again at some point.
    Personally don't see how they can win the league with that back 4. Might rsound arrogant but I'm not one bit worried about them.
    They are grinding out wins and have some decent strikers. They are getting momentum which is a big thing. We will need to beat them in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Given they like to play on the counter, combined with us losing players (notably at the back) at a rate of knots, there is a good chance we'll come unstuck.
    Would be nice to have Thiago Alcantara available for this one. A midfield three of him, Wijnaldum and Henderson would very much help to control things in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The way things are going in terms of injuries, our back line could end up making theirs look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would be nice to have Thiago Alcantara available for this one. A midfield three of him, Wijnaldum and Henderson would very much help to control things in that game.
    Maybe. It would be nice if he just doesn't break down after five minutes on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    They are grinding out wins and have some decent strikers. They are getting momentum which is a big thing. We will need to beat them in a few weeks.
    We need to get some players back from injury soon-ish. (fingers crossed for Diogo and Thiago)

We also need some players who've been out of form all season the wake the hell up and get back to their best (looking at Trent, ...and even our front three who've not clicked all together at the same time).

We'll also need Klopp to learn how to better use his subs and not wait until the 85th minute or the 88th minute to make his first sub in a game in which we come out flat in the second half.

Lots to work on.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Maybe. It would be nice if he just doesn't break down after five minutes on the pitch.
    That's a bit harsh on him.

He got his current injury when he was in the game for the entire game until the Blueshite took him out with a dirty foul in the 70th minute.

It's not like he left off limping in the 50th minute from an injury he picked when no one was anywhere near around him.
    Stone-Cold Savage!