Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 26/12/20

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's indeed why i hate threads mocking other teams!
    100% - I can understand it I mean why not poke fun at your biggest rivals - it is fun and we all do it at times - BUT always remember that it is the behaviour of a child.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yep, If it was April 29th I'd be worried. They are bloody awful let's not forget that.
    As long as we take care of ourselves we'll be fine.
    Exactly Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - it can all change in a few weeks as we know. It’s why we love this game.
    Absolutely - our game against Spurs was, on the land of Sky Sports hype, a potential title-decider and that's just two weeks or so ago - as it stands it'll not be massively in the minds of anyone come the end of the season except for fans of those two Clubs.

Juggling European matches will separate the wheat from the chaff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Still not sold on that just yet. Let's not forget that Spurs had the highest points total over a two(?)-season period but won nothing.

I also think that the recent seasons of ourselves and City somewhat running away with things brushes over how Football "used" to be - title "races" all hype aside begin in late February/early March. We could find that by the time we have finished our match against United we are 3 points behind them. Equally, if we notch up a few results here (including a win against United) and Villa beat the Mancs on Friday, United could be 8 points adrift by late January.

It's still too early. 9 wins from their first 15 games, same as us, so can't be completely ignored, but I think it's the Ghost of United past at play in the mind. They have pacey attackers and Fernandes which helps a lot but they're not the complete package just yet for me.
    They arent the complete package but in this covid season you dont need to be.

The Matip injury has me concerned for US more than them..

I wonder with all the covid cases if Neville iscalling for a voided season ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Spurs are still a threat though - far more than Chelsea ever were. They have played so many of their toughest games and did so in a period of incredible congestion.

United were showing signs of their potential a while back long before Leipzig - just seems the CL exit got too much coverage and the ridicule of Ole etc. But anyone who was watching could see they were no mugs. Too many good players. They added Cavani too ( after securing the superb Fernandes last season) ‘seriously - the guy is almost another Zlatan - a winner. A huge signing and a huge boost. Takes so much pressure off other areas of the team.
    Agree about Spurs but they've had a few setbacks. They'll come good and be in the mix again the same as Utd will have a bad spell again for sure. There's a few teams who are obviously a threat. Its just Utd get special attention and more worry points because of who they are.
    There's a long way to go and it would take a brave man to put decent money on them being champions at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    They arent the complete package but in this covid season you dont need to be.

The Matip injury has me concerned for US more than them..

I wonder if Lady Brady pipes up again? Nah ,Wham are doing ok.

I think there was a decision made (someone can correct me or confirm, great) that the Title goes to whoever is top at Christmas if it's voided now - which would be us.

With so little between 2nd and 9th for points in the League just one win here or there for teams is having a transformative effect as to who is where in the Table. Mad season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think there was a decision made (someone can correct me or confirm, great) that the Title goes to whoever is top at Christmas if it's voided now - which would be us.

With so little between 2nd and 9th for points in the League just one win here or there for teams is having a transformative effect as to who is where in the Table. Mad season so far.
    Right we need Kenny D and Fowler to be calking for it I mean its only fair !

Right we need Kenny D and Fowler to be calking for it I mean its only fair !
    Hahahahaha

Think we play United at Old Trafford in May actually. If we were to match them for 20 titles by winning it at their place there would be sceeeenes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There's a lot of expectation surrounding him, let's hope he lives up to the hype. He's only played one and a bit games so it could go either way. Keita came with a glowing reference and look how he's turned out.
    I'm hoping he comes good. He has a lot of what we need in midfield i.e. he can control/dictate a game, he has a fair bit of creativity, he can score a goal, and on top of that contrary to popular belief, the defensive side of his game hasn't appeared to be too shabby either.