Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 26/12/20

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    We need to get some players back from injury soon-ish. (fingers crossed for Diogo and Thiago)

We also need some players who've been out of form all season the wake the hell up and get back to their best (looking at Trent, ...and even our front three who've not clicked all together at the same time).

We'll also need Klopp to learn how to better use his subs and not wait until the 85th minute or the 88th minute to make his first sub in a game in which we come out flat in the second half.

Lots to work on.
    I doubt that part of his approach to games is ever going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Any chance of a 2 week break because of covid. Give us a chance to get a few back 😊
    After the injuries early in the season I was all doom and gloom. They team have surprised me and done well to still be top.
    Against a team like united we always raise our game, its the lower teams that seem to cause us trouble. Is it attitude?
    BFS has said he wants a 'circuit break' due to Covid.

I was kind of gutted to be working tonight when I saw the televised lineup. Kind of glad I missed it all now... thoroughly depressing.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

If we continue to drop points against teams we really should be beating, anything is possible, as much as the thought of that makes one feel quite ill, or in my case even more ill.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    BFS has said he wants a 'circuit break' due to Covid.
    😊
    Was that before or after the 5-0 thrashing they got.
    Might be a good thing overall though if some games are being postponed.

If we continue to drop points against teams we really should be beating, anything is possible, as much as the thought of that makes one feel quite ill, or in my case even more ill.
    But while we are dropping points against the lower teams, the so called challengers are taking points off each other, so they are not really gaining any ground on us.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Says a lot about the bench when klopp doesn't make a change until 85th min when clearly we need a goal from somewhere and it's not working...

Yes we're missing jota but still need someone else next season instead of Origi/shaqiri someone who will actually be able to play games

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    But while we are dropping points against the lower teams, the so called challengers are taking points off each other, so they are not really gaining any ground on us.
    The Red Mancs are. Also dropping points against these 'smaller' teams means that there is more pressure on us to not drop points against any of our 'rivals'.

We have had pretty much everything go against us Noods in terms of injuries and refereeing decisions.

Meanwhile "certain clubs" have had basically no injuries and almost every decision going their way yet still haven't managed to get ahead of us yet.

With each passing week we are that little bit closer to having players back from injury. The half-way point of the season fast approaches and you'd back us to kick on a bit once the real "meat" of the season starts (final 12-16 games or so).

We've seen teams have a bit of a wobble - Leicester, Chelsea and Tottenham have all had one already - one win in five for Chelsea. The likes of Man United will get theirs too.

I’m more worried about us than any other team. If we play to our capabilities we are head and shoulders ahead of anyone else. But if we continue to struggle to get up for games like Fulham, Brighton and West Brom, we come down to a level where we could be caught by any number of the chasing pack.
    We are the best and need to start proving it and stringing results together and everyone else will fall away.