Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 252829303132333435

Thread: Liverpool v West Brom (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    If we had got the second goal with the umpteen chances we created in the first half on Sunday this would have been a very different outcome.
    WBA going in at half time only one goal down would have been very heartening to Big Sam and his boys.
    His game plan worked because we couldn't finish.

Didn’t create much Justin - had a good few half chances but nothing even close to the level Spurs had against us to go ahead in the game.

Considering WB were defending the 18 yard box - it was a bit pathetic and Klopp’s post match presser summed it up.

He was massively disappointed - I would bet you my mortgage he is kicking himself for playing Jota in Denmark.

We got away with it v Spurs - I urge anyone to go back and watch the game.

Everything went in the net v Palace but in the main - despite often dominating for long spells we are huffing and puffing with the current front 3 and lack of an established creative playmaker in the middle.

Jones is groomed to become that one but he's not ready yet. Really rotten luck that the world class playmaker from deep we bought this summer got COVID and then a pretty awful contact injury.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Yep of Jones ( looks to have huge potential ) - on Thiago ( and Virgil ) rotten luck... OR those bastards at Everton..

This is why threads need closed, We stew over things far too long.
    Let's batter Newcastle tonight while we've all a drink in our hand, and things will start to look good again.
    Our problem is , we've been so bloody good for the past 2 years and a draw feels like a defeat.

Just for you Ian..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just for you Ian..

Ha ha, I love Paul Whitehouse. His latest stuff with Bob Mortimer about fishing is great tv. (Maybe just a age thing now )

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    This is why threads need closed, We stew over things far too long.
    Let's batter Newcastle tonight while we've all a drink in our hand, and things will start to look good again.
    Our problem is , we've been so bloody good for the past 2 years and a draw feels like a defeat.
    Dear Ian
    Are you saying we should not post to a match thread after say 2 days after the match happened?
    I only caught up with the match yesterday and posted my thoughts.
    Is that so wrong?
    The next game has not happened yet.
    Anyway, I think threads should always stay open if possible to allow future relevant debate

Dear ian, can we keep the borders open?

Yours sincerely

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He was massively disappointed - I would bet you my mortgage he is kicking himself for playing Jota in Denmark.
    Don't know what difference anyone thinks that would have made as much as I'm a huge fan of Jota, he's wasted every chance he's had to play a team mate in with poor execution so far, he's missed quite a few very good chances, most of his goals except v Atalanta who gave us the freedom of the pitch have come when he's come on as a sub and we're already ahead and the game is more open and the team has mostly not played at all well when he's started and weirdly, especially as he played there most frequently for Wolves, he has stunk the place out when played at LFWD, Minamino was much better at LFWD in his one game there, he offered something different while facilitating the team playing as it does at its best, which is what you want. Jota has been much better at 9 of his one outing at RFWD
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Chuckle...