Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v West Brom (Match Thread)

It is proven again Mane is our most dangerous player and mist effective alongside Robertson. They are mostly the ones who impact in tight games. No one else. Mo Salah can score 100 goals but doesn't impact a match where things are tight. Firmino also despite a rosy 3 games offers nothing as a 9. He is a 4th midfielder which means the wide attackers must carry the threat alongside Robbo.

Trent has been rubbish of late. His reason for bring in the team is his crossing. And that of late is shite.

People can slate the midfield in terms of creativity but it must be hard to create if your number 9 us right next to you or behind you. Firmino last 2 games have papered over the cracks. He is finished. It must be front 3 if Msne, Salah and Jota as the 9.

So the big winners this weekend among our rivals are City and the BS who pick up two points on us with City having a game in hand.

Great work guys.

Would someone please get Trent back from whatever press event he's doing and let him know that he's needed back in the team ASAP?
    Also, how Mane can throw a tantrum at being subbed last week, and then come into the game today and waste chances back and forth (despite his goal), is beyond me.
    And the less said about Jones and his over-dribbling himself (and the team) into trouble, the better for all.

I should have something to say about Matip and yet another Mr. Glass performance, but let's be honest, that had no bearing on the result of this game. We lost it at the front end were we couldn't hit a barn door with rocket despite our (first half) 80% possession.

Okay, I'm done with my rant now.

Happy New Year everyone.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

We have no one in the box with height.. we could crossed a few times and put them under pressure. it was all around the box and nothing in it.. Sadly low blocks get results.. but we should have done better..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    It is proven again Mane is our most dangerous player and mist effective alongside Robertson. They are mostly the ones who impact in tight games. No one else. Mo Salah can score 100 goals but doesn't impact a match where things are tight. Firmino also despite a rosy 3 games offers nothing as a 9. He is a 4th midfielder which means the wide attackers must carry the threat alongside Robbo.

Trent has been rubbish of late. His reason for bring in the team is his crossing. And that of late is shite.

People can slate the midfield in terms of creativity but it must be hard to create if your number 9 us right next to you or behind you. Firmino last 2 games have papered over the cracks. He is finished. It must be front 3 if Msne, Salah and Jota as the 9.
    Mane was utter garbage apart from the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    Would love to see the VAR on the off-side shout, strange it wasn't shown or did i miss something?
    Wasn't shown at all. Even a handball incident first half. No replays.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp, I do not, for the life of me, understand why you would bring on Origi in the 90th minute. Not only that, but you bring OX on who hasn't played in forever. Stupid subs.

The whole team was pussy footing about with the flicks and trying to pass in ridiculous situations.

We could've easily lost this to be fair.
    He did that because we've got little to f-all else on the bench, which is why I keep banging on about us needing a bigger/better squad. That will require FSG to actually spend some money without selling players we already have, and they simply won't do that.

Also Klopp's use/timing of subs leaves a fair bit to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Klopp, I do not, for the life of me, understand why you would bring on Origi in the 90th minute. Not only that, but you bring OX on who hasn't played in forever. Stupid subs.

The whole team was pussy footing about with the flicks and trying to pass in ridiculous situations.

We could've easily lost this to be fair.
    Lose this one? Are you kidding. Was an awful performance but losing is a big step

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Mane was utter garbage apart from the goal.
    Disagree. He is the liveliest and mist dangerous attacker. Everything potent is on his side. The ref allowed Furlough to wrestle him the whole game it still be played well.

If Mane was utter garbage what was Salah? What was Firmino?

Well complacency and sloppiness and the desperately unfortunate injury to Matip costs us all 3 points today, way too casual and complacent through allowed to have too much easy possession in the first half and getting used to having too much time and too many touches, we tried to do stock things too much of the time, get it wide get it into the box, should have scored more, the clinical finishing from the game v Palace had disappeared today

I don't think we tried to give it to Mane enough to try and drive into the box, that's a really good way we've got a lot of breakthroughs when teams defend like that, I think it is perhaps difficult to be as intense when the opposition sit off and let you have it in areas you can't hurt them, I've often wondered if it's a deliberate first half tactic by some managers, it often slows the passing down of the better team, sees players taking more time and touches on the ball than they would if pressed, and then when they are pressed more second half, they've dropped into a mindset or bad habit of doing those things.

As ever all the focus on the next game, getting the win and another vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Disagree. He is the liveliest and mist dangerous attacker. Everything potent is on his side. The ref allowed Furlough to wrestle him the whole game it still be played well.

If Mane was utter garbage what was Salah? What was Firmino?
    Utterer garbage 😅