Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v West Brom (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not quite the 10:0 then..
    Ha ha, I was thinking that after the final whistle. Though a goal after 12 minutes should've opened the floodgates, but tonight was one of those nights they were getting all the loose balls and deflections, We could still be playing and we most probably would still not have scored a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    I'd still like an explanation by the officials why the VAR for off-side wasn't shown. If he wasn't off/side fine but lets bloody see it.
    It wasn't offisde, the two WBA players ahead of him were, but would be judged to be not interfering, if the ball hadn't unfortunately hit Big Bear and gone in and either of them had prodded it home they absolutely are offside of course, but they weren't

Today I thought we started really really well first 15 minutes, continued that until around 25 minutes but weren't clinical enough with our finishing, although they were mostly half chances we just expect Mane, Mo or Bobby to score from because we're spoiled

Then we got comfortable and were allowed to get comfortable, I don't think it was complacency, just players not being pressed or pressured doing what players do, taking too many touches, moving it too slowly and overplaying it instead of continuing to try and really force the issue, it is something Jurgen needs to work on, making sure the lads are relentless and continue the variation of attack and intensity in games like today's.

WBA did get incredibly lucky also, Matip picking up and injury was the only reason they managed to score, we absolutely need Schuurs now, Rhys has done brilliant for a lad of his age with his opportunities, but he doesn't hold or follow the line well and that creates uncertainty and that can spread as it appeared to in today's game. I don't think Jones in the answer as our third midfielder for games like today, it needs to be Thiago to pick the lock ,or Ox driving at the opposition with the ball coming in from either flank looking to get shots off or commit people by opening up space
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Only for a worldie save by Johnstone it would have been a victory. It would have been too late for them to equalise twice.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    You can't have it both ways, mate.

You can't argue that Mane is our best attacker but then when it's pointed out that Mo is actually our leading scorer, you then turn around and argue that it's because he gets more chances.

Well, in today's game Mane got the most chances and although he scored on it, he didn't make the most of the rest of the chances.

Mo is our leading scorer because although he gets more chances as you would argue, he DOES score on more of them than does Mane on the chances he gets or on the games he gets the most chances (like today).

That's why an argument like "....Mane is our best attacker" is utter bullshite because it's contradicted by facts (as in,....the FACT that Mo has scored more goals,....and the FACT that even Diogo has a BETTER conversion rate than Mane AND has more goals, despite playing fewer minutes this season and starting fewer games).

You're not doing him any favours here with our blind faith defense of him that doesn't even make sense in the face of reality.
    Are u God? Can u decide for me. You don't want to see my reasoning so leave it.

U are bring very narrow on debate. I said Mane had no clear chances. I asked you to reference you didn't. I said Salah scores more and therefore has more chance not necessarily a higher conversion ratio. Just mire chance. He is the highest the 3. Defends less and therefore is mire in the box or at the end of initial counter than Sadio because of positioning. Mo also takes pens.

I am saying Sadio is the most dangerous and effective of the 3. I am saying in tight games the first goal or decisive moment cones from him. He and Robbo are the go to guys to turn games in our favour. Others score when it is already won at times. But his goals are the Kickstarter or decided or rescuing goal. Go check his goals last season. When they were scored and what was the state of play at the time. Also when does he create something out of nothing. That is what I am pinning my argument on. Also natural ability he is better. Better dribble. Stronger shot. Serially better. Physical. 2 footed. Etc. Etc.

So your lazy debating won't sway me. You hace not been able to ander shot I asked you? Wait for your YouTube highlights. To show me half chances. Doesn't mean if everyone says it it is fact. There are lots of low key Mane haters and you might be one of them.

People talk shite about him even in games where he has been boss. Not everyone but some. It is mostly the Salah lovers and sound like you one of them, cause I struck a nerve whrn i brought some blue eyed boys in.

No, that particular header should have been a goal, because it was a CLEAR chance.

That's what a CLEAR chance is.
    One in which you're not challenged for it, as he wasn't in it.
    It's one of the chances in which he beat his marker to the ball only to end up not making the most of it.

And yes, you're being dishonest, and I'll continue calling you out on it as long as you keep doing it.
    Firmino header is a brilliant save from the goalie isn't it. I feel it was a clear chance that he should have buried. But I am not yapping on about it as it is not factual that it was clear ot not.

It was a good save but he should have scored for me.

Put it where the keeper can make the save. More worryingly I believe it was Bobby’s only attempt. Played some nice stuff first half but we need a goal in this type of game. Apart from the Mané’s moment of brilliance we were lacking up top all day.

No, that particular header should have been a goal, because it was a CLEAR chance.

That's what a CLEAR chance is.
    One in which you're not challenged for it, as he wasn't in it.
    It's one of the chances in which he beat his marker to the ball only to end up not making the most of it.

And yes, you're being dishonest, and I'll continue calling you out on it as long as you keep doing it.
    Fuck you.i said you don't know me. Don't call me dishonest. Let's leave it rather. You can say I missed it or whatever but by keep on saying am dishonest you making it personal and calling me a liar. O high and mighty judge.

You are a Mane haters low key.could be one of those that said in Salah first season that he is the one that needs an upgrade. He has sloshed you lot, but you keep creep8n back with unfactual garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I still think we need an out and out winger. someone who can go around the back of the full back. in games like these when we cross its into from further deep and it headed away easier front on for the defenders. we need someone who turn the centre backs around when crossing
    Neto might be that man he impresses me everytime I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It was a good save but he should have scored for me.

Put it where the keeper can make the save. More worryingly I believe it was Bobby’s only attempt. Played some nice stuff first half but we need a goal in this type of game. Apart from the Mané’s moment of brilliance we were lacking up top all day.
    I agree. I asked it in sarcasm as only Mane has clear chances and poor conversion according to CD.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Neto might be that man he impresses me everytime I see him.
    Fantastic player. Would l9ve to see him here.