Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v West Brom (Match Thread)

I know it’s difficult but the genuine chances have really dried up. Need someone to smash one in from distance

Fat Sam will be very very pleased to go into the half with the score only 1-0 down.

Totally flatters his team's performance.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Offside but West Brom got in there.

Only 1:0

We should have been 4 up before the half hour

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We are wasting every attack. Too blasé at the moment. Fat Sam is priming his HT team talk as we speak.

Come on get another goal FFS!
    Agree. We are making hard work of it. Way too slack and sloppy up front and need to be much sharper.

Yep. What’s poor is, 1 in 10 attempts on target. We really need to get that second goal ASAP to put this to bed.

trent needs to be dropped for neco. been horrendous for months.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I know it’s difficult but the genuine chances have really dried up. Need someone to smash one in from distance
    Our players are either reluctant to do so, or they have been instructed not to take too many long shots. It's something that the likes of Henderson should be doing a bit more frequently.

A good half. A very good half actually.

But we have to be 2 goals clear after being that dominant. That type of failure to convert can be a killer in Europe.

Decent-ish half, a bit disappointing with the lack of converting some very good chances and a lack of urgency being too comfortable and happy with 1-0 at times, Trent needs to start delivering far better, he needs to get back that supreme focus and absolute care and precision he used to put the ball in with and strike each and every ball with

Over to Jurgen as ever to work his half time magic and make sure we're A LOT better second half, particularly in putting our chances away
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Not happy to be only 1-0 up, if I'm to be honest.

This is setting up as the type of game where we get hit by an 88th minute Suckerpunch in a smash-and-grab, if we're not too careful and continue to be wasteful with our chances.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!