Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    But I bet you Klopp brings Milner in. Also I bet you Klopp plays Origi.
    Firmino would have to score 3 own goals for me to pick Origi to start the shower of shite

Fuck him and his attitude

thanks for the fish now fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    But I bet you Klopp brings Milner in. Also I bet you Klopp plays Origi.
    Origi is an intriguing shout - not one that I would go for - what makes you think Klopp picks him, shop window?

Firmino was one of the biggest issues today..in games like these he gets lost hes neither a forward nor a midfielder.
    I would go in with a front 3 of Minamino Salah in the middle and Mane on the right for the newcastle game

The rest is up in the air.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What i mean by being one of the issues. Firmino wasnt allowed to turn when he played off the top.. 2 west-brom players pushed him backwards.. I would rather we played with an out and out forward in games like these today. At least the forward would be closer to the oppositions goal and facing the right way.. You can't play of Firmino when teams play this deep. theres no space.

Thats why i think we should go with salah through the middle. Newcastle will play the same way as West-brom.

Revised my thinking

Alisson

Trent Phillips Fabinho Robertson

Oxlade Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I'd go with Ox in the midfield 3, he has been unfortunate with injuries, but he played key roles in quite a few games at LFWD and RCM in our best period last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Origi is an intriguing shout - not one that I would go for - what makes you think Klopp picks him, shop window?
    After the WBA pass fest that ultimately got nowhere how about a plan B?
    Origi is not the answer, we all know that, but he's the only option for a plan B.
    Teams are happy to play us like a game of basketball. We win the ball and secure possession by finding spare man invariably around the half way line. While this happens opposition get two lines of 5 organised. Its basically attackers against defenders. Newcastle will play just like WBA. Pundits will say tactical masterclass from Bruce. Stick the big lads in their own penalty box and win the first ball. No matter what Trent or Robbo deliver there's little chance of our mini trio getting on the end of things. Hence Origi for the next game. A shot or two from outside the box from the midfield would be a nice addition too.
    Virgil has been a big loss. Not so much at the back as we've not really been under the pump since the Everton game but what he can give us up front.

When Steve Bruce last beat us (Hull, 2015) our front three was Ibe, Sterling and Balotelli.

Jones
    Manquillo
    Toure
    Brannagan
    Lallana
    Markovic
    Lambert

5 years truly isn't a terribly long time. Our progress is mental.

Big game this evening.. Need to end the year on a winning note.. Sets us up for big push in the new year..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    5 years truly isn't a terribly long time. Our progress is mental.
    It isn't. We really should remember that when we inevitably have a bad season (could be this one).
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Start Neco and Ox, Trent and Curtis both either need a break or a gee-up. Trent can get on last 30 if needed and Shaq needs to get some match fitness too.

Upfront i'd stick with the normal 3, minamino can come on if salah is having one of his bad finishing displays