Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Neither am I with these owners

in 2-3 seasons we'll be outdone by money

Nothing against FSG exactly, but other owners put more money in sadly

So we have to sell to buy... we'll miss out on Haaland who would become a legend here most likely and a player we need.... etc

we'll always have these injury prone/average players.....

we can only last so long like we are
    Who said Haaland wants to join ???

Madrid will get him and Mbappe also he has the ageny of Pogba which makes things awkward.

Other owners do put more money in buts FSG have proved its not the be all end all.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Every day I'm trufflin'.
    Hahaha

love you sid <3

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    And what are these clubs winning who have owners that are spending more ?. We won the title last season, City the 2 previous years, and we nabbed number 6 too. Man utd have spent way more than us since Fergie retired, not got anywhere near a title, or a CL, and didn't even qualify for it on a couple of occassions. They finished 2nd to City in 2018, but finishing 19 points adrift is hardly coming near.
    hence 2-3 seasons

Do you think we'll always get as lucky as we did with the amount we got for Coutinho?

Or from sales in general>?

Some teams only a couple of players away (who we should be after like haaland), which they could easily afford to go above us
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st December 2020 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think that's the most likely scenario. He's made his feelings known so it won't be a surprise. He has that ambition to be the worlds number 1 superstar that trumps everything else and Real or Barca are the platform that some players see where it happens. He's selfish on the pitch so is probably selfish off the pitch in football terms. That's not meant to be an attack on him either.
    I'd hate to see either him or Mane go but the team/club is first and if that's what is to be then so be it.
    Haaland coming in would be mega exciting. The big issue is that shithouse toad of an agent. A pal of mine said that Klopp has refused to deal with him before. Not sure if that's true.
    I agree Neto/Haaland are very good but Barca are not a team he should look at.

Are those two better than Salah ?? Imo no they are not but it could be a Coutinho situation.

Lolllz Bali, you can only end up with either full original club name, whichever half you put first.

I really wouldn’t mind if Salah went in the summer, we are going to have to break up the front three over the next couple of years and we will reinvest the money wisely I am sure.
    It’s a pointer as to just how far we have come under FSG (love them or loathe them) that we are one of only half a dozen clubs in World football who could realistically try to sign a player of Haaland’s undoubted ability.

How would barca afford salah?

they're in trouble and will be for a while

Let's hope PSG spend a few hundred million in the future eh

come buy firmino for 100m ty

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree Neto/Haaland are very good but Barca are not a team he should look at.

Are those two better than Salah ?? Imo no they are not but it could be a Coutinho situation.
    I don't think they are better than Salah. Hasland would just be a completely different option that would transform us.
    Barcs couldn't afford him, they are seriously in the shit but if Messi leaves they have money to start rebuilding and he could go there and be the big star.

hence 2-3 seasons

Do you think we'll always get as lucky as we did with the amount we got for Coutinho?

Some teams only a couple of players away (who we should be after like haaland), which they could easily afford to go above us
    If the likes of Salah or Mane leave, then they go through the process of trying to find a replacement. No-one stays forever, but Klopp has a good transfer record, there's no saying he wouldn't find another gem, like he did with Wijnaldum and Mane.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I can read you are putting sly digs on Klopp but dont have the balls to outright say it.

Shit like if we finish 5th and then are 9th next season after 20 games.

We might finish 5th but we will not be 9th after 20 games next season.

You basically are having a hissy fit as we arent 20 points clear.
    I am not having slight digs. I said I am worried in terms of t becoming stale. Secondly if the above scenario plays out let's so how many wont be swayed. Klopp is not above the law as long as he does well he is the Manager I want. When he does bad for a prolonged period in my eyes season and a half then we need a change.

hence 2-3 seasons

This is a strong argument. Whilst FSG succeed I back them. But this is insightful. I am of the opinion they spend when they must. But if they spend only when selling them it is a problem. We cannot yet make out which it is as some feel they are thrifty some like myself think they are not but spend when needed to. Think this 2-3 season gaze will be great. This next 2 windows will show alot.