Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Too early to panic, as we're still top... result against southampton and man utd we're laughing, but if we go the other way it'll be a concern of a high order

But the only real top quality midfielder we have is back now, something to be happy about.
    For how long though? Never mind that we shouldn't be hoping he alone is the answer to all our prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Officials in Premier League is a joke. Player elbowed Milner in a aerial dual. In front f lineman nothing given. If they scored would have been a quick VAR no replay shown. Last night there was a incident with Martial there were thousands I'd replays from the broadcaster trying to check if there was a touch for a pen.
    The ref was giving little daft free kicks for Newcastle all day long as well. teams are falling down against us more often. because they see the officials giving them
    This is may hate of match officials they should remain fair, but with Klopp complaining they are giving more daft freekicks.. anyone who thinks officials are honest have to re-think.. they arent. they have a bias its the way the human brain works..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Wonder if Bobby wore No10 he’d get less stick.
    Not saying he’s been perfect but he really doesn’t play CF
    Maybe. Dont think it is a Jersey number issue. We know the position and way he plays. It will help if and when he gets a chance that he scores. We not asking for Alan Shearer numbers. We asking for 12-15 in the league. Also where he plays is no essentially a 4th midfielder. Do we need so many people on the ball. We need a threat up front. That runs in behind, comes short, is in the box. And scores. He missed some scoreables tonight.

best game v palace was when he was actually forward more, playing CDM to many times again tonight

But then again what do you expect with that midfield performance?

Hoping with thiago back, he'll stay forward and drop back without the ball obviously but not to CB

Henderson needs to sort himself out quicktime, then we're good to go.

Worst i've seen hendo play today since his early days with us.

I don't have a problem with firmino tonight, sure he should of scored- but so should all of em, what's new? the midfield was the problem for me, for 60/70 mins at least.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st December 2020 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Also where he plays is no essentially a 4th midfielder. Do we need so many people on the ball.
    We're evolving towards controlling matches, having been moving away from our intense pressing and counter-attacks. I prefer the "Dortmund" style Liverpool in terms of entertainment, but you can understand (injuries, reduced sprints, system being the star moreso than individual players) why we might want to continue an evolution towards a "Barca/City" style of play to maximise our own chances and minimise the threat of the opposition, though naturally there are going to be some teething problems that come along with it.

I'm glad jota played in a pointless game btw could of been 6 from 2, not 2 from 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'm glad jota played in a pointless game btw could of been 6 from 2, not 2 from 2
    Another one of Klopp's baffling decisions.

Each draw feels like a defeat.
    We have been spoint for the previous 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    They have too much balls. That's why they're mid table and we're top of it.
    Or we have a squad of champions and they are a newly promoted side.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Our first blip in about 2 full seasons. Klopp out !!
    Haha - Klopp stays

Time for the club to get it's big billy cock out, I mean cheque book, in January.

Also the stats nerds at the club should remind Klopp of our success in 4231 especially against the weaker on paper sides. Bumming an 8 to get a 10