Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Nothing wrong with being fecked off at a poor result.. Newcastle like other teams play cup finals against us.. Being pissed off their attitude should rile us up. They threw themselves in front of shots last night in the final 3rd.
    Klopp pointed out how Newcastle had nothing to play for at the end of previous season, yet when we came to play them it was like the world cup final. Has a fan thats what pisses me off more.. Thats why i want the opposition to get fk all points when we play them.
    We really need to kick on now and smash the league. Starting with Southampton.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Agree to a point - but it is sodding anger inducing when you should be beating a team like Newcastle or West Brom by 5 - and you cannot muster a goal or only a single point.

People are going on about Covid as though it only affects us - mental or what??? It is a level playing field - BUT we were well ahead... or so it seemed.

Personally I don’t see us as nearly as good a side as many of you do. Not in Bayern’s class IMO - wouldn’t want to play Real or any top European side TBH.

I see a team with a few key WC players of top quality and a bulk who are just hell bent on winning - doing their job etc. Maxed up and instilled to believe by Jurgen. All fighting for the cause - sadly that has a shelf life and limitations in the long run.

Players like Hendo are a prime example of playing at full tilt. He really is nothing that special at all and in many ways technically deficient - so slow of the mark with a shot that really needs a ton of work IMO would struggle to get games in plenty of other sides - BUT for Jurgen he will run through walls and has become our go to midfielder ( shudder ) IMO this tenacity and total desire to win was the difference AND it is this that has been tempered of late - since winning number 19. Missing out in 2019 was a driving force.

There has been a little bit of showboating and a touch of believing we are better than we actually are since the title - we can’t play like that and gain the results the mentality monsters did.

We need to do everything we can to get back to giving that 110% and wait for a fit Jota and Thiago to get games. Then we are armed in Midfield and have that rotational option across the front to cover for a lack of a CB.

Frustrated yes.

Should we win the last 2 games. Yes

3yrs unbeaten at Anfield....never been done before. Amazing points totals. Team and star injuries the likes of which we may never see again and hopefully never will.

Yes we could be making better subs......and potentially looking at different line ups to freshen things up. CB is still a concern but DJ is hopefully nearing fitness week by week.

When we played Palace, everything came off.....the passing, dribbling, finishing the works. Those games are lovely but we can't expect that every week, and have to say teams are looking to play their Cup Final every week against us. Look at WB v Leeds!

Fact is that nobody has been playing their A game in this past two games.....they've all looked just slightly off and no I'm not looking for a scape goat.

With the injuries we've had we've done amazingly to finish the league top of the year and injuries allowing....we should get stronger as the year goes on.

In Klopp we trust!

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarf View Post
    Frustrated yes.

Should we win the last 2 games. Yes

3yrs unbeaten at Anfield....never been done before. Amazing points totals. Team and star injuries the likes of which we may never see again and hopefully never will.

Yes we could be making better subs......and potentially looking at different line ups to freshen things up. CB is still a concern but DJ is hopefully nearing fitness week by week.

When we played Palace, everything came off.....the passing, dribbling, finishing the works. Those games are lovely but we can't expect that every week, and have to say teams are looking to play their Cup Final every week against us. Look at WB v Leeds!

Fact is that nobody has been playing their A game in this past two games.....they've all looked just slightly off and no I'm not looking for a scape goat.

With the injuries we've had we've done amazingly to finish the league top of the year and injuries allowing....we should get stronger as the year goes on.

In Klopp we trust!
    Great Post.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree to a point - but it is sodding anger inducing when you should be beating a team like Newcastle or West Brom by 5 - and you cannot muster a goal or only a single point.

People are going on about Covid as though it only affects us - mental or what??? It is a level playing field - BUT we were well ahead... or so it seemed.

Personally I don’t see us as nearly as good a side as many of you do. Not in Bayern’s class IMO - wouldn’t want to play Real or any top European side TBH.

I see a team with a few key WC players of top quality and a bulk who are just hell bent on winning - doing their job etc. Maxed up and instilled to believe by Jurgen. All fighting for the cause - sadly that has a shelf life and limitations in the long run.

Players like Hendo are a prime example of playing at full tilt. He really is nothing that special at all and in many ways technically deficient - so slow of the mark with a shot that really needs a ton of work IMO would struggle to get games in plenty of other sides - BUT for Jurgen he will run through walls and has become our go to midfielder ( shudder ) IMO this tenacity and total desire to win was the difference AND it is this that has been tempered of late - since winning number 19. Missing out in 2019 was a driving force.

There has been a little bit of showboating and a touch of believing we are better than we actually are since the title - we can’t play like that and gain the results the mentality monsters did.

We need to do everything we can to get back to giving that 110% and wait for a fit Jota and Thiago to get games. Then we are armed in Midfield and have that rotational option across the front to cover for a lack of a CB.
    We should beat them but we didn’t if football was played the way you think results should go there would be no point to the game.

Covid IS having an impact on all teams but teams in Europe more so take a look at the top sides and tell me who is playing at full throttle none of them are.

Covid affects everyone mentally as well as physically the players and coaches have families as well that is something that is never mentioned it is they are tested they are fine to go and they better not moan about it as they earn £100k a week.

Bayern are the best team in Europe I agree but as we proved in 2005 being the best team doesn’t mean you will win it as from QF onwards Juve Chelsea and Milan were all better than us, we can win it this year as we have the mental belief of knowing we have done it before but with our CB situation I wouldn’t bet on it.

Henderson is like Gini hugely under rated and your comments are an example of this you pretty much say he just runs around but that is not true he is a leader and is a very good footballer you don’t stay at Liverpool as a regular player for as long as he has if you are not much good.

If we don’t win it which I don’t think we will do so what, life goes on and we go again next season luck has deserted us this season and it’s not an excuse we have had horrendous injuries two caused by no fault of their own in one game with VVD and Thiago fit the last few months we’d have a lead, I know injuries are part of the game I accept that but those two were both DONE on purpose that is different.
    Last edited by LEGS; 31st December 2020 at 04:38 PM.

Legs mate, I agree with some of what you wrote but Jeeebus please use some punctuation next time.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Legs mate, I agree with some of what you wrote but Jeeebus please use some punctuation next time.
    I don’t have time for minor things like that !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We should beat them but we didn’t if football was played the way you think results should go there would be no point to the game.

Covid IS having an impact on all teams but teams in Europe more so take a look at the top sides and tell me who is playing at full throttle none of them are.

Covid affects everyone mentally as well as physically the players and coaches have families as well that is something that is never mentioned it is they are tested they are fine to go and they better not moan about it as they earn £100k a week.

Bayern are the best team in Europe I agree but as we proved in 2005 being the best team doesn’t mean you will win it as from QF onwards Juve Chelsea and Milan were all better than us, we can win it this year as we have the mental belief of knowing we have done it before but with our CB situation I wouldn’t bet on it.

Henderson is like Gini hugely under rated and your comments are an example of this you pretty much say he just runs around but that is not true he is a leader and is a very good footballer you don’t stay at Liverpool as a regular player for as long as he has if you are not much good.

If we don’t win it which I don’t think we will do so what, life goes on and we go again next season luck has deserted us this season and it’s not an excuse we have had horrendous injuries two caused by no fault of their own in one game with VVD and Thiago fit the last few months we’d have a lead, I know injuries are part of the game I accept that but those two were both DONE on purpose that is different.
    Agree fully. I think Steveo is being a bit harsh on Hendo there. He'd get in any prem midfield bar city's for sure and how many other sides in Europe have a midfield as good as ours as a unit? There's better players technically and individually yes but as a whole ours is one of the best. There's really no disputing that despite it often workmanlike way.

We've had 2 unreal years, there was bound to be a drop off at some point, coupled with this season its maybe now that its happening. Agree that there's a touch of arrogance that needs nipping in the bud now or that will cost us, there's a lack of urgency at times especially with the front 3.
    After all our injuries we are still the team to beat, players to come back and makes stronger and we aren't even halfway through. Hopefully we get that CB reinforcement that could give the squad a shot in the arm.
    Plenty to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I don’t have time for minor things like that !
    I agree, full stop.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Lol. Very nice!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non