Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 363940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ahem against Villa: Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo Gini Fabinho Bobby Jota and Mo all started and let's get real for a second, this wasn't a gme in which we had been disjointed by injury, fatigue and those things and the tinkering had forced us to change how we played and that had impacted long standing formidable relatioships between some players in which we'd had a huge break in continuity of selection and formation as we have had now, this was early season off the back of winning the league

Atletico 1-0 Alisson Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo Gini Fabinho Bobby Mo and Mane all started and v Watford 3-0 all games there weren't any viable reason given the incredible form and continuity of selection and formation we'd enjoyed or any serious mitigating circumstances for such a drastic downturn in our performance levels and there are 4 or 5 more examples i could list

Did the midfield last night, even including an off the pace Milner and not at the level Jones who'd been a disaster the prior game still support our defence to keep a clean sheet and our full backs and forwards to create 6 or 7 chances, 4 of them golden? is it really down to the midfield those players contrived to spurn all 4?
    What you haven't mentioned is the fact that Henderson ballooned one well over the bar too, when it was easier to score.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I know i piss people off here at times, but it is wholly and entirely reciprocated as there are a few here who continually post absolute complete and utter crap, especially on the subject of our midfield who piss me right off also

If they can't grasp, even now 5 years in that Jurgen has operated throughout almost all that time and to facilitate all our incredible evolution so far by using 3 midfielders, one of them supposedly more attacking (Keita, Ox Lallana, Shaqiri) to facilitate our full backs and forwards playing as high as they do and that has played an integral part in the forwards and full backs evolution, they should honestly just give up on football

Seriously there is so much crap on the subject posted that's completely alien to how we play and how Jurgen has always set up, i almost pity them in a way, they clearly love the game but can't even see something so painfully obvious or recognise how vital and integral it has been to everything we've achieved so far and to the continued development of Mane Bobby Mo Trent and Robbo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What you haven't mentioned is the fact that Henderson ballooned one well over the bar too, when it was easier to score.
    16 yards out with only a third of the goal to aim at and the keeper well positioned it would have had to have been expertly smashed right in the top or bottom left corner by Hendo on his left foot? Give the fuck over mate, i expect a lot of things from Hendo, drilling that not even half chance home none of our 3 forwards could produce that kind of finish for even on their stronger foot 90% of the time isn't one of them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Dont worry yourself 19 people will always disagree at times its what makes the board.

Just remember Woy isnt manager and we have Klopp thats all that matters.

Hopefully 2021 is better for everyone around the globe.

YNWA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know i piss people off here at times, but it is wholly and entirely reciprocated as there are a few here who continually post absolute complete and utter crap, especially on the subject of our midfield who piss me right off also

If they can't grasp, even now 5 years in that Jurgen has operated throughout almost all that time and to facilitate all our incredible evolution so far by using 3 midfielders, one of them supposedly more attacking (Keita, Ox Lallana, Shaqiri) to facilitate our full backs and forwards playing as high as they do and that has played an integral part in the forwards and full backs evolution, they should honestly just give up on football

Seriously there is so much crap on the subject posted that's completely alien to how we play and how Jurgen has always set up, i almost pity them in a way, they clearly love the game but can't even see something so painfully obvious or recognise how vital and integral it has been to everything we've achieved so far and to the continued development of Mane Bobby Mo Trent and Robbo
    Its because we all have differences of opinion thats all.

Pfff if are midfield was as world class as know it all 19x thinks why have literally none ever been linked with a move rumours or not? Like Salah mane etc without them would be 0 goals

Only reason wij has is because he'd be a absolute bargain on a free for a player never injured too

Like I said I'm pretty sure thiago will show how average some players are in midfield, already seen it a bit.

VVD mane salah and Robertson (normally taa too) plus allison carry this team.

Not the midfield they could all play for other top teams and do just as good unlike certain other midfielders who would get found out. If they left for any good team.

I mean we have the best full backs easily in league when trent is normal, best CB in VVD when he's fit best attacking unit with the 3 upfront best goalkeeper compared to any other team in this league

But I'm sure it's all down to the midfield yes played there part obviously.. I'm sorry but the facts are there's alot better in the prem you can't say that about attackers full backs and even cbs normally or goalkeeper

But still I'm not surprised without injurys we walked the league no other team comes close to having what I said at the start of this post

Says alot when Firmino has to drop back to make it 4cms too because he's completely lacked any service and feels he has to drop to cdm even when we're dominating to try and make something happen

Won't let me edit on phone just deletes so I apologise, but another thing is why do we have to pass to the cbs hoping they find a long direct ball to the attackers if the midfield is any good at that??

We miss VVD bigtime for that matip was class at it too, great ball for the goal before he got injured fabinho does decent too

Since when was the cbs the playmakers not midfielders? Only in Liverpool but hey what the heck

We have won every major honour playing that way.

Park/Keane/Butt/Vieira/Petit didnt score or create many from even two of our own world class ones Alonso/Mascherano didnt.

There are very few Gerrards/Lampards/Scholes around now.